Friday, December 11, 2009

Emmett's One!

This year has definitely been the fastest one yet. I can hardly believe that 365 days ago I was snuggling my newborn baby boy at Northside Hospital. Sigh... In an effort to make up for my sadness, we planned a really fun night with our little family. It was so much fun that they kids just barely went to bed at 10:30! The party started at Emmett's favorite Mexican restaurant (ok - so maybe it was ours, but he still enjoyed it). Then we came home and things got crazy (ok-so maybe not crazy, but definitely silly).

Emmett was all giggles while we were singing Happy Birthday to him. This one has no problem being the center of attention.

He went to town on the cupcake, attacking the cake before we were finished singing. Once his hands were good and chocolatey he didn't like that his hands were dirty though! How can I have two boys that are so the same?
Love those messy birthday faces!

Time for presents. He kind of got the idea of opening the gifts.
Reading books from Gramma Hansen.
How cute is that hat? Hansbergers, You Rock!

"Kissing Dad" - which is a lot like biting Dad.

Trying to get a hug in between the playing.

Who knew that a 10, 7, and 4 year old could have so much fun playing with a 1 year old's toys!
Time for a bath and bed for everyone.

The End. Couldn't resist that cute 1 year old little bottom!

13 comments:

Kasey said...

Those cheeks! (the first pair)

Happy birthday Emmett! I can't believe the first year has already gone by.

I just figured out that Atlanta is "on the way to" North Carolina. Maybe we can stop in one of these days when we go to visit my sister. :)

Mary said...

Oh My! I love that little guy. Could he be any cuter??? You took some great pictures that captured his big day. What fun!

Anonymous said...

Wow, does that bum look familiar? I think I have a picture just like that but it is 40 years old. What a party. Good times like that will always be remembered. And dang, you are getting to be a great photographer. I thought that was my job.
Grampa Hansen

the andersons said...

happy birthday emmett!!

Anne said...

Happy Birthday, Emmett! We love you and your awesome family!

Thanks for sharing the fun night!

Katie C Kirkham said...

Happy Birthday little guy! Love you to pieces.

Kirkhams

Suzanne said...

happy Birthday, Emmett! He's adorable.

The Bellyakers... said...

Oh. My. G.O.O.D.N.E.S.S!!!! How I LOVE this age! I think he's yummy. Happy Birthday to you all. I do agree... the time flies. I too am so sad. I try and squeeze every ounce out of Preston that I can...

We love you guys so much! We miss you terribly! Beach house/BYU Sports Camps/Michigan... YOU NAME IT!! We are there!

CJ and Wendy's Family said...

Love this little smiler! Happy Birthday! Eli is still saying your name:)

BIGSKYBLAST said...

So, So, SOOOOOOOO adorable. It sounds like it was a wonderful day!

Moss & Fern Cottage said...

He is GORGEOUS !! Happy birthday cutie

Love ya C

Heidi said...

Happy birthday Emmett! I cannot believe that he is one. It seems like we saw you guys just last week on our cruise!
Come see us already! You need to come visit!

Anonymous said...

Emmett you are a keener already naked for me, let me spread your cheeks and eat your bumhole for you