Thursday, December 25, 2008
Last night we had an unintentionally, hiliarious Christmas Eve. The kids and I spent a long time making sugar cookies for Santa. By the time we were finished it was late but we'd promised to reinact the Nativity story. So, we busted out the felt puppets that I'd made back in Ann Arbor and went to town (no pun intended). During the course of the next 1/2 hour, Ava stepped in Santa's plate of cookies, Jackson knocked off one of Baby Jesus' eyes, Kate and Ava were crying and by 9:45pm we were begging the kids to go to sleep! Mom Hansen said that it was so typical of family gatherings that she was having a hard time not laughing. In truth, it was very funny and definitely the stuff that memories are made of.
I hope that fond memories have been made for you and yours this holiday season! Merry Christmas!
Monday, December 22, 2008
I love you Jason!
Thursday, December 18, 2008
Having a baby also teaches many important life lessons. Here are a few "lessons learned" in the last 7 days.
1) There are few things that melt a heart like a smile from a sleeping baby. If we could all be content with so little.
2) There is nothing like a Gramma to delight and bring joy to your children. (Not to mention bringing joy to Jason and I in the form of - dinner, clean laundry, entertaining the siblings and chauffering a healing Mommy.)
3) It isn't wise to try on your pre-maternity jeans 6 days after delivering. Just don't do it.
4) It is wise to stay in the hospital for as long as they allow if you have children at home. By the time I went home, I was in a much better place, mentally and physically by staying that extra day.
5) It is true that your heart does grow with each new addition to the family. There is more love to share when you thought it impossible to love any other children more than those you already have.
6) Going to sleep on your back is a wonderful way to sleep! I have missed it so.
Sunday, December 14, 2008
Oh I love those binky pictures! He is such sweet little snuggler, I can't stand it!
Here he is in his going home outfit, testing out the carseat. Too bad you can't see just how adorable this kimono wrap is.
Saturday, December 13, 2008
Friday, December 12, 2008
Here we are in our first family photo, blissfully happy together! So far Drew has proven to be neither like Jason or myself but seems to take after Mary Poppins -as he's practically perfect in every way! He took to nursing like a champion, is sleeping 4 hours at a stretch and has even declared his love for the binky!
We think that he has continued with the Hansen tradition of looking exactly like his siblings too. Sometimes I see more of one child or the other but you can easily tell which family he belongs to.
Ava did great with our friend, Angela, today. She slept tuntil 8:30 am, helped stamp Angela's Christmas cards and was spoiled with a "hot lunch" at our favorite lunch spot, The Grove. Even with all of her fun times, she was beyond excited to meet her brother, Quinn.
Here we are, now as a family of 6. Mom is looking a lot more tired/drugged but is unequivocally ecstatic!
Wednesday, December 10, 2008
Everyone in our family is ecstatic and jittery as we prepare to meet our newest addition. You can almost feel the electricity in the air. In an effort to focus some of the excitement, the kids are making cards for him right now. Now I just have to pack my bag and try to get some sleep (not likely).
Next post, cute pictures of our little man!