Wednesday, December 10, 2008

It's Baby Time

In 11 hours we'll be at the hospital being prepped for c-section #4! On Monday, my OB's father died. We got a call from his office saying that we'd have to have a different doctor perform the surgery and that they'd had to change my c-section time from 11am to 7am to accomdate his schedule. That translated into us having to leave for the hospital at 4:30am in order to be prepped and ready for surgery. It made me pretty nervous at first because plans had been made for the kids and everything had to be revamped but I am so grateful to good friends for stepping in and even coming to the house at 4:30am! I also had a phone conference with the new doctor and feel a lot more comfortable with him too.
Everyone in our family is ecstatic and jittery as we prepare to meet our newest addition. You can almost feel the electricity in the air. In an effort to focus some of the excitement, the kids are making cards for him right now. Now I just have to pack my bag and try to get some sleep (not likely).
Next post, cute pictures of our little man!

11 comments:

Judy said...

Friend of Jason's from High school
Just wanted to wish you all good luck! Praying that all will go well. It's an early morning but just means you get to meet the little man earlier.

Our prayers with be with you!
Judy Lawrence Cunningham

Amy said...

Good luck, Carolyn! I can't wait to see pictures.

Unknown said...

cant wait to meet him!

Kasey said...

Yay! Yay! Yah!

I had completely forgotten that you'd have a scheduled c-section. I'll be thinking about you and praying for a safe and happy delivery of your little guy! Love you!

Shauna said...

Reading this almost made me cry! I am so thrilled/excited for you guys! I can not wait to see the pictures but more excited to hold the little guy in person. I love you guys

Life in the Oliver Lane! said...

I am so excited for you. Do me proud on my birthday and let's play with this baby boy!

the andersons said...

yeah! we are excited for you guys!!

Anne said...

good luck!! i can't wait to see him.

Kari said...

I love that feeling of nervous anticipation on d-day!!! Can't wait to "meet" you sweet baby boy ;)

SHANNA said...

good luck!!! i can't wait to see your new bundle of joy.

. said...

So excited to see pictures of the new baby. Good luck!!! Millissa