Sunday, November 30, 2008

Lovies

Ava has always been quite attached to her lovie. She has, infact, had 3 of them and was never the wiser until this summer. I tried to pull a switcharoo because her lovie was getting so dingy, tattered and generally germy in appearance. When I gave her the new soft, beautiful lovie she hugged it for a moment and them promptly put it on the ground. She then looked at me and said, "I no want clean lovie. I want yucky lovie". She found her yuckie lovie later that day and refuses to give it up. I have tried putting both of them in her bed, carrying both around but somehow her clean lovie ends up under her bed, on the floor or stuffed in the closet and the yucky lovie is held tightly in her little fist and snuggled up against her face.
Let's hope we never "lose" yuckie lovie!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ha! My mom could comiserate with you. I've had my "lovie" for 17 years! The batting is falling out. It's threadbare. And it's just a general eyesore, but I still love it.

Rock on, Ava! ;)