Monday, November 03, 2008

I Passed!!!

Every 6 years I have to retake my board exams (and pass) to keep my certification as a PA. Not that I was pushing it or anything, but my license was set to expire on the 31st of December and I took my boards last Monday. It seemed that nobody else was worried but I was definitely nervous about the outcome. That anxiety probably came as a result of being totally unprepared for the test. Let's see, I mostly felt unprepared because my total study time was around 2 hours. Now, I am not lazy but just stretched to the max and I truly had to extra time to fit in studying. This drastically contrasts the last time I took the boards as I was fresh out of school and additionally I studied all day for 2 weeks straight.

Lucky for my patients, I guess I've learned a thing or two and haven't forgotten much over the past 6 years working in the Emergency Room, because I passed without a problem. Whoo-Hoo!!!

6 comments:

Anne said...

way to go carolyn!!

Anonymous said...

Whoo-Hoo, Hooray, Congrats, and all that stuff!

BIGSKYBLAST said...

YES! I can't believe I didn't ask about the Boards when I talked to you today! (and how did I miss this announcement for a week?) on the blog. Guess I just look at the picture : < ( SORRY!

Kasey said...

How did I miss this?

Congrats! Isn't it amazing what experience makes up for??

Anonymous said...

I probably don't know what kind of test that is, but anyway good job on whatever that stuff was on. I hope
your family is ok because we all love you!!!

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Carolyn! I'm not sure how I missed this blog entry...I guess I was too busy checking out the cute Halloween costumes and Jackson with his new dog. I'm proud of you and not one bit surprised you passed without time to study! You are amazing!