Thursday, September 14, 2006

Broken Bones


Yep, that's broken!

Wavy Arm

Post reduction

Today at noon I received a call from Briarlake elementary school telling me that Jackson had fallen and that he had injured his arm. Gratefully, I was about two minutes away so I hustled over. When I arrived I saw that Jackson had an obvious deformity of his forearm so off to the ER we went. The x-rays revealed both a radius and ulnar fracture that needed to be reduced. A few doses of versed and lortab later, his arm was relocated, splinted and we were on our way home with a full bottle of pain elixer. (The previous sentence makes it seem like the visit was quick but those steps took over 5 hours).

Everyone in the ED kept commenting on what a trooper Jackson was. Except for an occassional whimper he hardly made a peep the entire time. The IV was a different story however, and I am sure he'll give you an earful about that traumatic event that took 3 attempts...poor kid!

Jackson's main concern, "what about soccer"? We'll have to see what the orthopedist says next week is our reply. Right now he is sleeping well with the aid of that magic potion. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I keep looking at this xray! I can't believe what a brave boy Jackson is. And what a great teammate, to be thinking of the soccer game! What a cutie. Can't wait to see what color cast he picks out!