Sunday, April 08, 2007

Easter Sunday


Jackson gave a wonderful talk today on the Easter story and specifically on how Jesus came into the world to do the will of Heavenly Father. He did a great job and it was neat to watch the primary listening so quietly to him. I taught Sharing Time and also spoke about how Jesus Christ came into the world to do the will of the Father. We memorized D&C 19:24 "I am Jesus Christ. I came by the will of the Father and I do his will". We talked about how it was Jesus's mission to do the will of the Father and it is our mission to follow Heavenly Father's commandments. I felt teary nearly all day as I have been thinking about the Savior and His sacrifice for us. How truly blessed we are to know what we know, that He is our redeemer and that we can live again!
When we came home we found that the easter bunny had hidden the baskets and our eggs in the back yard. The kids had a great time finding them and we tried to get some cute pictures but Ava wasn't having the photo shoot. This was the best that we could do...

1 comment:

BIGSKYBLAST said...

It is truly amazing how blessed we are to know the mission of the Savior and the value of the atonement in our lives. Now all I have to do is DO SOMETHING ABOUT it so I won't be weeping and wailing....