Monday, April 16, 2007

My Challenge

"Go confidently in the direction or your dreams. Live the life you have imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

Although I have everything that I want in life, a wonderful family, fulfilling and challenging career and fantastic group of friends I have recently felt some emptiness and couldn't quite explain why. I think that it is because inside I still believe that I am a fit 16 year old gymnast. Externally, however, I am a 32 year old mother of 3 who still has 10 pounds of pregnancy weight about her middle. Don't get me wrong, I love the part where I am a mother of 3. It is the getting older and more out of shape part that is not in sync with living the life that I imagine for myself.
So a few weeks ago I started toying with the idea of doing a triathalon. First step for me was to read a book about triathalons and see what they had to say. One night of reading and I was on board. I think that this was the kind of positive and exciting goal that I needed to help me feel motivated and break my routine. There is no reason that I can't become that fit, energetic woman who I imagine myself to be.
Just wanted you to know that I am so looking forward to this physical and mental challenge I have given myself. On May 5th I'll be competing with Jason in both of our first triathalons. I don't know if I am more excited for the event or the process in getting there. Thus far it has been just what I needed. Did I mention that I am pumped!!!

3 comments:

BIGSKYBLAST said...

Did I mention that I can't believe that you're both going to DO IT????? Wow! You're incredible. Sue and Sarah will be pumped for you, too. Go get it, girl!

Anonymous said...

You are such an inspiring girl! Good for you. I know you guys will WIN! Well...you'll always be winners in my book...but you might win too. I love the quote. Thanks for sharing! Go Hansens!

the andersons said...

Go get 'em! We'll be rooting for you!