Monday, August 11, 2008

First Day of School



So hard to believe that another summer has whizzed by and that we have begun the 1st and 3rd grade with Kate and Jackson.



They are both still young enough to look forward to school and their excitement was contagious. Despite the excitement, of course I still teared up when I hugged Kate goodbye. Some things will never change!


Jackson was playing it 3rd grade cool but I know that he secretly wishes that I'll come by for a visit today. :) Last night I was talking to a friend and totally freaked myself out when I realized that he'll be going to college in 8 years! How can they grow up that fast? It really isn't fair!

12 comments:

Tracy said...

Beautiful, beautiful kids! You already know that, right? They do grow up so fast!! Miss you!

Moss & Fern Cottage said...

Okay, speaking of a Mini Boden... your kids could be the cover of that magazine. Gorgeous !! And I'm loving Kates little pixie...

Really missing you Carolyn...

Lena Hart said...

So cute! The look like mini-models!

BIGSKYBLAST said...

Wow! School already. I can hardly believe it. It seems like summer just started.

HAVE FUN KIDS!

Shauna said...

I can't believe school is already starting. Yicks! What cute backpacks!!!!

Anne said...

they look so cute----and excited!!

Wendy Niceler said...

I'm so jealous that your children willing and cheerfully pose for pictures. Ryan refuses to smile. He's a happy kid really. But he's Mr Grumps for any and all pictures.
I'm sure you all have been watching the Olympics like crazy. Especially the swimming. That's our favorite around here. I watched Aaron Peirsol defend his Gold Medel in the backstroke and thougth of Jackson. Maybe one day I can say I knew him when...

Kari said...

Love the first day of school!! I absolutely hate that our summer flew by, too ... seems like we were out of school for 2 weeks with as fun and busy as we were - guess that's how it should be, right? They look adorable!

Anonymous said...

I've had too many wonderful experiences with school not to LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the beginning of school. Memories, memories! What darling children -- and so smart too!

Anonymous said...

great picks--don't like to think about how soon college comes either--a year earlier for us

Life in the Oliver Lane! said...

they are so cute! here goes another year. now that they are entertained lets do lunch!

Anonymous said...

Kate I miss you do you miss me. I very miss. you.I miss you kate. Love courtnie byby kate