Thursday, August 28, 2008

Labor Day Vacay


We have lived here for 6 years now and never ventured over to see beautiful Charleston. Our entire family is really looking forward to this 3 day getaway with friends. I know, I know, summer just ended so how can we possibly need a getaway? Trust me, we do!
Poor Jason has 3 grants due between now and the first of October and has been going crazy working on them. I am in full project completion mode and I feel the impending doom (did I say doom, I meant birth) of our newest family member. Between being the Fall Festival Chair at our elementary school, Primary President at church and working to save up for maternity time off, I too could use a weekend getaway.
PS- I don't know exactly what "where history lives" means and I doubt that I'll find out on this trip. Our prefect vacation is one where the only goal is to spend some time at the beach. We can't wait to enjoy the time together as a family!

10 comments:

Moss & Fern Cottage said...

Sounds like a great idea... so go make your own "history" there :) Can't wait to see some pics from your trip.

Are you due in December ? Can't remember... and where are the belly shots ? You've got to be adorable. Why am I the only one who loves pregnant pictures ?

Wendy Niceler said...

We love Charleston! Be prepared for seer sucker and palm trees. If you think Atlanta is southern you're in for a real treat. Charleston is SOUTHERN!! And beautiful. It's one of my favorite places this side of the mason-dixon line. Hope you have fun.
And I don't know who Simple Thingz is but tell her she's not alone. I like pregnant pictures too:)

Kasey said...

Call me a detective, Deb. Carolyn's babystology gadget shows 105 days to go. 105 divided 7 is 15 weeks. My calculations say Dec 11th is the due date or pretty close to it! hUGS! I love belly pics, too!

Anonymous said...

The Jordans have told me Charleston is a great place...sure hope so 'cause they've let their only daughter go to school there. Yep, Laura is a freshman at The College of Charleston. I can't wait to visit her. You'll have to tell me all about it! Have lots of fun!!!

angela said...

I sent lots of our favorite spots to your email address. Have a super fun time. You are going to love it. You'll see the best slave market ever! (get that?)

BIGSKYBLAST said...

Have a great time! We ALWAYS need breaks...I mean, if I could I'd take off EVERY WEEKEND! No shame in that. HAVE FUN!

Kari said...

Ah, the joys of counting down to D-day!! I totally know "project mode." Have a fantastic Labor Day weekend ... I get to spend mine tending to my post-op patients :) Can't wait to see pics from your trip (and perhaps a belly shot)!!

SHANNA said...

i love belly shots too!!! have fun in charleston. i've always wanted to go and i've lived here my whole life!!!

The Bellyakers... said...

Wanna meet next summer?? Seriously.

Anonymous said...

You have way too many friends! What about us next summer??? We love you, too. Seriously.