Tuesday, August 09, 2011

2011-2012 New School Year!

Well, another summer has flown by and our family has officially entered the world of middle school! Here are a few pics of the kids flashing their digits (representing their grades and Jackson with an "m" for middle school) and their smiles. :) Time really does go by too quickly!

Ava's teacher is Mrs. Spencer and we are so excited about it! Although her BFF, Bailey, is in another class this year her other closest friends, Coco and Alima will be joining her. I will have the pleasure of being her room parent again and am really pretty excited about it.











Kate's teacher this year is Mrs. Rich. She is known as a creative and fun teacher who I know will make this a very special year for her. She too, has several great friends in her class including Lucy, Maddie, Kelsey, and a super cool "boy" friend who shall remain nameless. :)









We put Jackson on a bus for the first time as he set off for middle school. There were nerves, jitters and tears (ok most of those were from me) but he made it there and back in one piece. I really didn't enjoy those junior high years so I am dreading guiding my pre-teen through the drama that accompanies that time of life. Gratefully, Jason only has good memories of Jr. High so perhaps Jackson will follow suit.

8 comments:

Suzanne said...

They are adorable and yes, where did the time go....

Mary said...

Sooooo cute. I feel like it's been years since I've seen them and, of course, Jackson was just here. He looks so grown up, but then that's the way you need to look in order to go to middle school. Ty and C are looking forward to making the big adjustment. They will do well and so will Jackson. It's just we girls that freak out!

How's Emmett doing with an empty house, or should I ask how's Mom doing?

Glad you posted this blog. Keep it up. Does this mean I need to jump start mine?

Kasey said...

It seems that middle school is harder for girls! I really did not enjoy those years, but loved high school.

Your kids are beautiful, as always. Hope you and Jason are well. I need a weekend in Atlanta!

Carolyn Hansen said...

Yes you do! Come to the ATL or at least let's plan another girls weekend! Love you.

gwen said...

Too cute! They are so grown up! Jackson in middle school--what the what?! We need to see you guys, pronto!

BIGSKYBLAST said...

Why I checked today, I don't know...but I'm amazed and I just saw them! I love those "first day of school" pics! Just looked at yours from Louisiana the other day...ahhh...those were the days!

Anne said...

love these gorgeous kids! jackson being in middle school is totally freaking me out! i hope you guys enjoyed your time in new york. love you.

Anonymous said...

Ava Kate and Jackson are beautiful kids we want them a van is going to pull up beside the kids my brother and brother in law are going to handgag Jackson and pull him in the van I will handgag Kate and pull her in my wife is going to grab ava as my sister drives the van my brother is going to chloroform Jackson I will chloroform Kate and my wife will chloroform Ava when the kids wake up I will be naked humping their feet soles till I cum all over them then my brother and brother in law will rape them then I will violently chloroform them all