Sunday, June 15, 2008

Peachtree City Youth Triathlon

Jackson had so much fun at the triathlon last year he wanted to participate again. He swam 100 meters in a pool, followed by a 5K bike ride and finished up with a 1/2 mile run. Jackson definitely exceled in the running, finishing 2nd with a pace of 7:42. Not too shabby, eh? (I am quite sure that I would have been hard pressed to keep up with him!)


There is another youth triathlon in July at Six Flags and he is trying to convince us to go to that one, too. (I am sure that is has nothing to do with a secret hope that we'll stay at Six Flags for the day.)


As I watched Jackson particpate, I felt a pang of sadness that Jason and I wouldn't be competing in the Peachtree City triathlon together this year. We had a great time doing that last year but I'll have to just cheer him on from the sidelines this time. I leave for Alaska on Thursday and it will be my last race until this little one arrives. So that I don't go crazy during the last half of my pregnancy, I have begun planning my races for next year. It will be here before I know it!

4 comments:

BIGSKYBLAST said...

WHAT A CHAMP!!!!! GO JACKSON.

Anonymous said...

great job jackson!!

angela said...

way to go Action Jackson!

Shauna said...

Aren't tri's the greatest! I am glad that you are enjoying them so much