Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Emmett's Blessing - February 8th

I am woefully behind on my blogging.  After looking back at the 2007 blogging book I really appreciated the memories that I had recorded.  So, this year I may not always be spot on with my blogging but I am going to document those important events in our lives.  This is after all, the best journal I've ever kept.

Emmett was blessed on February 8th in the Brockett Ward.  It was a special day for many reasons not the least of which was that he shared his blessing day with my Mom's birthday.  The weekend was a total whirlwind of fun and family with both sets of grandparents making the trip out to Atlanta. My Dad arrived on Friday early morning and we were able to catch up and visit. Ava took him out to her favorite "hot lunch"  spot, The Grove.  Shortly thereafter, Mom and Dad Hansen and Mom Anderson arrived on the scene. 

Saturday morning the guys went to "Flapjacks and a Flick" at the local movie theater where they watched the Pink Panther 2 and ate pancakes to their hearts content.  The ladies headed over to the nail salon for a mani/pedi together. 

This was Ava's first experience at the nail salon 
and although she had a hard time sitting still, I think that she really loved every minute of it.

Kate, on the other hand, is a seasoned veteran and knew exactly what colors she wanted.  Purple for the fingers and pink for the toes!  Being the kill joy that I am, I suggested that she reverse the two in light of church the next day and she reluctantly agreed.







Sunday was a wonderful day - hectic and harried  but wonderful!  Jason had to leave early for a bishopric (church) meeting so I had to rally the troops alone.  I had the bright idea to get some pictures before the blessing which made us 5 minutes late for church.  Classic.  I do love this picture of the 4 kids though.
We made it though and Jason gave Emmett a wonderful blessing.  We were thrilled to find that one of Jason's childhood best friends, Garin Hess, was in town and came to our ward for church.  It was wonderful that he was able to take part in the blessing. 
Here are a couple of my favorite pictures of the little man in his raw silk blessing gown (or dress as Gramma Hansen calls it).  

This is Emmett just before church began.  Fed, content and happy.  He slept for the entire 3 hours of church.  



Of course, he woke up as we were getting into the car and decided that he was indeed hungry.  Look at that bottom lip!

5 comments:

BIGSKYBLAST said...

Can we have a "do-over"? It was such a great weekend, that I want to do it all again!

The Bellyakers... said...

Awesome post!! Britton and I LOVE to see both parents in one shot! We dissected to see which kid got what part from whom! Beautiful!! Love the fam!

Got your email... we looked at calendar. We are pretty flexible. Do any dates in particular not work for you? And yes-- newborns travel quite well! We're in!

Mrs. B said...

He is sooo adorable!! Love the blessing gown, and your whole family is beautiful. Just beautiful!!

Anonymous said...

Sweet memories.

Sara said...

I love it that you took your girls for the treatments, too! What a wonderful weekend you had! Emmett is just handsome as handsome can get! I love the pout, too. Worth the photo capture!