Friday, February 27, 2009

Dallas Trip

When I realized that the kids had both the Friday before and Monday after President's Day off, I knew that I had to take advantage of that opportunity.  So, when I got a Travelocity update for $150 tickets to Dallas, it was a done deal. Kate, Emmett and I went to visit some of our favorite people, The Hatch Family, and Jackson stayed behind with Jason because he'd committed to a soccer tournament that weekend.  I was waffling about what I should do with Ava but in the end decided that I didn't want Jackson to feel bad about being the only one left behind, so she stayed.  Big mistake.  The day I was packing and Ava realized that she wasn't coming, she cried hard for over an hour - not a temper tantrum kind of crying but a real heartbroken one.  Through the tears she kept saying, "But I'm a good girl".  That about killed me and I had to tell her over and over again that she wasn't being punished and that she was going to have fun with Daddy.  Gratefully, she tired herself out and fell asleep on the car ride to the airport so there wasn't another tearful good-bye.

From the time we arrived in Dallas, Kate and Abby were attached at the hip.  They had the absolute best time together just hanging around and being silly together.  I just know that those two girls are going to be best friends forever. 







Sarah fell completely in love with Emmett and was the perfect helper the entire weekend.  She is going to be the BEST babysitter ever!











We were lucky to eat at Joe T. Garcia's, a famous Dallas Mexican restaurant.  The fajitas were yum, yum, yummy!



Valentine's Day was super fun thanks to Anne and her uncanny ability to think of the perfect thing for everyone.  The
 kids all got giftcards to Target and we spent a really fun afternoon with them while they shopped to their hearts content.


It is wonderful to spend time with friends that no matter what you do it is fun.  The kids all just hung out and played in yard for hours on end, creating a "Cool Kids Clubhouse" and making contraptions like this one.  What in the world?  Well, at least they had fun and so did I!  We already miss the Hatches like crazy.  Can't wait for the next trip. 

5 comments:

Katie C Kirkham said...

oh good times. I love Kate's little grin in every picture...you can tell she is in heaven with her buddies.

angela said...

so much fun! how I miss the Hatch Family!

Anonymous said...

Such fun! The picture of Kate and Abby is so adorable.

Anonymous said...

We had so much fun and still can't believe you made the trip with all you having going on in your life! It meant so much to ALL of us. Thank you!

We love you!

Heidi said...

Is it good that 6 and 4 year old boys are having withdrawals over girls already??? It was so great to meet you guys on our fantastic cruise. We had such a great time spending time with you all. We have loved looking at your blog and reading all about you. You guys are so amazing!!! We can't wait to see you this summer and look forward to seeing your cruise pictures!! (Hopefully soon!)