Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Snow Day

As much as I wished the snow day had arrived on December 25th, we were thrilled when the snow began to fall on March 1st!  It snowed and snowed and snowed (at least by Atlanta's standards) and by then end of it all we had al least 3 inches of snow!   You can tell that we don't get much snow by the colorful outfits my kids are sporting.  We had to bust out our ski clothes (unused for the past 2 seasons) plus random winter coasts and piece together some semblance of snow clothes. It was hilarious!  The kids braved the cold for hours while the parents took shifts of 10 minutes at a time to enjoy the weather.  Here are my little bunnies (with a neighbor) making a snowbunny of their own!  

There was certainly ample snow for Kate to make a snowman of her own.  

To have a snowball fight.


To make snow angels and of course sled down our rockin' hill. 
 
It was such fun to hear the kids squeal with delight as they bounced around in the yard.  They were lucky enough to have the fun continue into Monday when school was canceled.  Yes, where we live they actually cancel school if there is a threat of bad weather so I was not surprised to wake up and find that although it had stopped snowing late Sunday evening, school was canceled on Monday.  So, we've had our snow fix for the year and in 2 days were are going to have temps in the 70's.  I love Atlanta!

3 comments:

Shauna said...

It has been beautiful here! I love this time of year. I was up in Park City for the weekend and still very chilly and lots of snow on the ground, for a very brief moment I missed the snow. Then I got over it quickly. Perfect tennis weather, too bad my playing buddies live in Atlanta. (sigh)

Mary said...

Sometimes I wonder why I live here. Two days of snow would suit me fine, but oh no, we have to have MONTHS of snow! I'm ready for spring and today it was here -- I think. I hope it's here to stay -- probably not!

Cute photos. The kids are having such fun and that's what counts.

BIGSKYBLAST said...

Yikes! I can't IMAGINE not having five months of snow...now FIVE MONTHS OF SUMMER AND I'D BE DEAD IN A SEASON! It was fun seeing these shots of Atlanta "buried"!