Sunday, March 29, 2009

Oh Lordy, Lordy, Jason's 40!


So the big guy turned the BIG 40 on March 29th!  Anybody who knows Jason knows that he is very young at heart even if he's technically over the hill. :)  I have to say that I don't think the number 40 bothered him one bit.  I have to remember that when I become old like him.  Hee-Hee.

The kids and I planned his gifts for several weeks and had such fun coming up with ideas.  We wrapped 40 gifts (both big and small ones) for him to open individually.  The gifts ranged from homemade gifts from the kids....

To the "Big" gift, which was a trip to Greece for just Jason and I!  We leave in October for a full week of fun in the sun.  Here is Jason pulling one of his very silly faces when he opened the plane ticket.  In truth he was completely surprised and for those of you that know what a snoop Jason is will appreciate how amazing it is to really surprise him.  I loved it!


8 comments:

Moss & Fern Cottage said...

I'm so jealous... Greece is on my list. You guys will have a fabulous, and very romantic time. Happy Birthday Jason... you look great for being THAT old :)j/k (I'm right behind you buddy)

Anne Hatch said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JASON!

Kasey said...

That is such an awesome surprise! Happy belated birthday Jason.

I can't believe how much Kate has changed in the last few months. She's looking very sophisticated with that longer, dark hair!

Mary said...

40? Ummm...hair dye and memory classes OR face lift and tan? So many choices!

Anne said...

i can't believe jason is 40--i am seriously in shock. happy birthday!

Denise Gwilliam said...

Hi Hansens,

We just watched the Christmas video from 2 Christmas' ago. At the end, I saw the blog address. It was great to see the baby. My Mom ran in to Jason's Mom at the store and told her some of the stats, but it was fun to see his picture. Congrats! And Happy Birthday to you Jason. I actually did think about you and your age...seeing that I am so much younger, I love seeing everyone hit these milestones before me. Looks like you had a great day and a fantastic gift to look forward to. Hope all is well.

Denise Warner Gwilliam

CJ and Wendy's Family said...

Happy very late birthday, Jason. We love you!

The Smiths said...

Awesome! Randy is the same way...he loves to guess and snoop until he figures out what gift he has coming. In fact, he can hardly stand it that I am willing to wait for my surprises! :)