Monday, November 27, 2006

Atlanta Half Marathon

Finish Line

Well Deserved Hugs

I made a goal to run in the Atlanta Half Marathon on Thanksgiving morning and despite not being as prepared as I wanted to be, I ran it anyway. I had about a million excuses circling my brain but really felt like I needed to complete my goal. Gratefully, there was gorgeous weather and I finished the race just after 9am and in time to head up for the turkey shoot. Thinking about seeing my family waiting for me at the finish line kept me chugging along.
Jackson and Kate had even made me a big sign that said "GO MOM" and they were so excited for me to see it. When Jackson finally did see me he told his Dad, "I think Mom could have won the race". How cute is that? The faith that children have in their parents is powerful (misguided at times but powerful). :)
I am looking forward to the next race and am trying to convince Jason to run one with me. We'll see...These pictures were taken mintues after the race, hence the very rosy face.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Carolyn! You are an inspiring gal. I love the poster Jackson made for you, and I agree with him, you could have won it.

Becky said...

Hi Carolyn!
You might not remember me, but I was in your ward in AA. I don't have your email but just wanted to pick your brain on the physician assistant program (I got here from a link to Andrea Richards' website.) Both the kiddos will be in school all day next year, so I'm researching new career paths. :) Anyway, if you wouldn't mind answering a few questions, drop me a line at beckyfreeman@gmail.com. Your website is adorable and it's good to see that you're doing well (when did Jackson get so big??) Hope to talk to you soon!
Becky Freeman