Saturday, January 13, 2007

Girls Weekend


Pink Fairy Princess Cookies


Flour Was Not On Purpose


What Concentration

Jason and Jackson went on a Tiger Cub campout this weekend so Kate and I made a girls weekend of it. Last night we rented a "gymnastics movie" (and I use that term loosely) called Stick It and Kate and I had a great time watching it together. At one point in the movie after an awesome series of tumbling runs, Kate turned around wide-eyed and most seriously said, "I want to do all of that"! I was so proud :)
We had a very fun day today and it ended with some girl time making pink Fairy Princess cookies. Kate really got into it and learned a few basic cooking rules too. #1 Don't vigorously stir flour. #2 Butter alone doesn't taste very good #3 Cooking with Mommy can be fun when she isn't in a rush.
Having so much fun with Kate has made me realize that I need to spend more individual time with the kids. The interactions are so much different when it is one-on-one and they aren't competing for the floor.

1 comment:

Carly said...

This sounds so much fun! Can't wait to do things like this with Farrah. Oh yah, Nate and I went and saw "Stick It" in the movie theatre. ha, ha...