Friday, January 05, 2007

Ski Bums

Little Bunnies

Family Shot

Kate and Cousin Abby



Part of our 18 day vacation extravaganza included 5 days of skiing in Big Sky, Montana. I snowboarded each day, Jason skied a few days and Kate and Jackson tried skiing. This was the kids first ski experience and they are hooked! I can't tell you how surprised I am that they didn't whine, cry or complain even once about the cold. (I, of course, complained enough for everyone about the frigid temperatures.) Given my track record for teaching my children any type of sport, we decided it best to enroll them in ski school. Best idea that I ever had! After only a few hours of skiing they were snowplow turning and at the end of the trip were beginning to parallel ski. Both of the children's teachers said that they had a need for speed. Although they could turn and follow the teachers, both preferred to go as fast as they could down the mountain.
Jackson cried on our last day of skiing when the lifts closed and he couldn't ski anymore. He certainly made my Mom's day when he said that he wished he could live in Big Sky forever!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too cute! I love the little snow bunnies and am so glad they had such a great time out in the snow. You guys look like you had a ton of fun over Christmas!

. said...

Montana?

You know Utah has the greatest snow on earth. I know, It says that on our license plates...

You guys left too soon. We're getting dumped on.