Friday, January 26, 2007

100 Things About Me

A friend did this on her blog and it was so much fun reading about her that I thought I'd take a page from her book. We'll see how well you really know me...

1. My middle name is Marion and maiden name is Anderson
2. Have 4 brothers and 1 sister. I'm the second oldest
3. Have completed 2 half marathons
4. Want to run a full marathon within a year
5. Had my first child when I was 25 and third child when I was 30
6. It was love at first sight when I saw my husband
7. He waited to notice me until I passed out in an Anatomy TA lab meeting
8. I was born in Cheltenham, England
9. If I could live on a beach I'd be the happiest woman alive
10. Have an intense hatred for cockroaches (and I live in Atlanta!)
11. Skipped the 2nd grade
12. First book I remember falling in love with was To Kill a Mocking Bird
13. Have had 6 surgeries (3 c-sections and 3 ankle surgeries)
14. Got accepted to Physician Assistant Graduate school and found out I was pregnant 2 weeks later. Deferred for a year and started when Jackson was 6 months old.
15. If I didn't work in the ER I'd love orthopedics or cardiology
16. I have been told that I am a good friend
17. Wanted to go on a mission but met Jason before I had the chance
18. Always cry when my Mom leaves after visiting
19. Was a competitive gymnast but broke my back in a car accident my senior year in high school
20. My first love broke my heart at the tender age of 19
21. My parents forced me to go to BYU for the first year. Then I loved it.
22. Lived in Abu Dhabi, The United Arab Emirates for 2 years
23. Have wonderful memories of building forts in our woods and selling vegetables from our garden at our roadside stand
24. Wish that my grandmother hadn't died when I was 8. I'd like to have know her better
25. Hold the record at my elementary school for the flexed-arm hang
26. Got my ears pierced in the 6th grade after getting straight A's
27. Had a horrible, horrible teacher in the 4th grade who still teaches
28. Have become in love with the colors brown and pink over the past year
29. Can still do an ariel and a back handspring
30. Want to have a tummy tuck when I am done having kids (a 10 pound baby and a 5'1" woman do not make a good combination. I mean skin only has so much elasticity!
31. Love family traditions
32. Wish that there were more hours in the day. If there were...I would scrapbook, play tennis and organize to my hearts content (things I can't seem to find time for now)
33. Am pretty sure that I have a touch of OCD. Can't stand germs and I am passing that on to my children ugh!
34. People used to think that my brother and I were twins and that I was a boy too
35. Had a terribly short haircut until I was in the 7th grade (see above)
36. Am a fiercely competitive game player
37. Started skiing when I was 5 but started snowboarding in college and haven't skied since
38. Used to wear glasses as a child. Had both a lazy eye and was far sighted. Grew out of both of them, gratefully.
39. Love the Beastie Boys and a lot of rap music that my husband can't stand
40. My parents wouldn't let me go to the Beastie Boys concert in the seventh grade
41. Kissed 2 boys in one night during college
42. Donated plasma in college
43. Wished I had lived in the dorms as a freshman
44. Still ocassionally have terrible nightmares
45. Love to shop at the outlet mall
46. Was a "late bloomer"
47. Can't wait for the next Harry Potter book to come out
48. Went to Spain for a summer when I was high school
49. Went to Austria and Prague for a semester during my junior year in college
50. Would LOVE to travel more now
51. Sometimes bite my nails, sometimes don't. Usually pick my cuticles. Bad habit!
52. Feel most comfortable in jeans and a T-shirt
53. Never want a TV in my bedroom or a playstation in my house
54. My dad had my childhood pet shot when she was old and full of tumors. Pinnie was a black labrador and was 14 years old. (yes, I am still holding a grudge and can't get over that)
55. Am a professional sleeper. Can fall asleep at a moments notice.
56. Love dark chocolate
57. First car was a mint green Aries station wagon
58. Taught the 6th grade for a year. It wasn't for me...
59. Would not describe myself as creative
60. Am completely in love with my 3 children
61. Don't like change. Cried from Rhode Island to Utah when I went to college
62. Due to a ridiculous number of parking tickets I can not park on BYU's campus ever again
63. My feet have grown an entire size since my first child was born. Used to be a 5 now am a 6
64. Had been pulled over 13 times before I got my first speeding ticket. I like to go fast...(and have a way with words)
65. Loved Ann Arbor, Michigan but not the weather
66. Want to own a boat and teach my kids to waterski
67. Can't remember how many boys I have kissed
68. Love chick flicks
69. Hate scary movies of all varieties
70. Was a great waitress. Worked at the Underground and Los Hermanos when I was in college but don't miss it
71. Took the MCAT and applied to medical school
72. Glad I didn't become a doctor. Life is challenging enough!
73. Can be pretty bossy but try not to be
74. Am a hopeless romantic but never fell for the guys that were
75. Wore size 6X in the sixth grade
76. Still consider my best friends from high school, Susan and Sarah, to be my best friends
77. Love thunderstorms and blizzards
78. Just celebrated my 10th Wedding Anniversary
79. Favorite holidays are Halloween and Christmas
80. Have become a Sudoku addict
81. Can't stand the gum popping sound
82. Should drink more water but prefer Diet Coke
83. Broke my ankle when I was holding my 14 month old son and slipped on ice. A mother's sacrifice for her child...
84. Still have a plate and 3 screws in the left ankle
85. Am able to memorize things with ease
86. Have triangle pinky toes
87. Miss the cute bras I used to own
88. Wish I knew how to french braid hair, especially now that I have 2 daughters
89. Don't mind doing laundry but hate cleaning the bathroom
90. Am the 1st counselor in the Primary Presidency and I love it!
91. Love to get flowers
92. Will move into my new house in 3 weeks
93. My brother threw up in my hair while I was sleeping on a plane ride from the Middle East. Still traumatized!
94. Played the piano until I was in the 6th grade. Wish I hadn't quit.
95. Went to Hawaii on my honeymoon
96. Worshipped Mary Lou Retton when I was in elementary school
97. My engagement ring fell to the bottom of Lake Powell less than a day after I got it
98. Am looking forward to getting a new BIG diamond someday (ha)
99. Love a bargain but can't sort through things at yard sales, estate sales or even big store sales
100. Miss my friends that are scattered across the country

4 comments:

Carly said...

Love it! I remember some of those things listed. ha, ha. Thanks for posting those, they were really fun to read and I feel like I know you even better now.

Anonymous said...

You know when you come in July I'm gonna make you do some of this stuff right? Especially the aerial flip.

:)

the andersons said...

I am so amazed that you did this... I thought it would be fun, but I don't know where to even start! Good for you! It was fun to read.

Anonymous said...

That is too cute! I love it!