Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Good-Bye Hatch Family

What a sad day this is for my family. Some of our closest friends are moving to San Antonio, TX. From our first Sunday in Atlanta we became dear friends with the Hatch family. Our kids swim on the same swim team, we go to the same pool, have weekly playdates, our families have H-squared (Hatch/Hansen) family nights, Jason and Troy serve in the YM Presidency together and Anne and I serve in the Primary Presidency together. Not only are our kids friends, but we are a support to each other and fast friends. Since I heard the news this morning I have been teary eyed. It is really going to be a loss to our family to lose the Hatches and I can't help but feel sorrowful over this loss. Now, I know that nobody is dying and I might be dramatic but I am surprised at how much this is affecting me.
This is how life is, isn't it? Just as we are moving into our house and can start to feel permanent in Atlanta, life throws us a curve ball. It is making me too sad to blog this now. Maybe later...

2 comments:

BIGSKYBLAST said...

OK, Carrie. So I AM an idiot. I kept trying to comment by leaving my cursor over the envelope. Finally read the note...Now I know!

On the upside of the Hatch family moving...you will continue to have friends all over the world and country. I just reconnected with Carla Madura! Anne will always be your good friend, but I totally understand. It's sad to lose the day-to-day contact with those you love (hmmm...just like a Mom with an empty nest!)

Anonymous said...

Separating from good friends is not easy. I've done it a multitude of times and I know exactly how you feel. However, in my case, I was the one always moving away from friends and family. That's not exactly the same and yet it evokes the same emotion. Does this quote fit? "Better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all." Yes.