Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Book Reviews

While on vacation I was able to read quite a few books and I enjoyed each and every one of them. Here are a few thoughts.


On the recommendation of my friend Emily, I started this series. I really enjoyed Something Borrowed by Emily Griffin so I grabbed the next 2 to take with me on vacation. Just the kind of fun quick reads that I needed. They are not a series but each book has the same characters in it, just one of them is spotlighted as the main character. Each of them are at different stages of their lives and I just loved them all for different reasons.

Ummm, LOVED it! (No surprise there). It was easily as captivating and overall wonderful as Twilight and New Moon. These are a series, so if you happen to be of the few people that haven't read them you really must, just start at the beginning.




So I was kind of skeptical when I began this book but after a few hundred pages I was into it. I am amazed that she was able to put out 7 books with equally intriguing twists and turns. Quite a fun read.




While I don't think I would have chose this book based on it's description, I had to read it for book club and really enjoyed it. It is a fantasy book in which 2 boys struggle with being pushed out of their childhoods too early. Gives you something to consider about our humanity and was a nice deviation from the above mentioned reads.



This was such a great book that was recommended to me by my niece, Lauren. I did fall in love with the characters and thoroughly enjoyed the writing. I am looking forward to reading more books by Shannon Hale.



6 comments:

Kasey said...

You're one of my best book guides! I also read Something Borrowed and Something Blue on your recommendation and they were great escapes! I'm going to pick up Baby Proof as soon as I finish Eclipse!

I've gotten about 10 gals in my ward hooked on the Twilight series, so I'm going to suggest Twilight to our book group. Thanks!

Kari said...

I finally gave into the MANY recommendations for Twilight and my copy arrived yesterday! I almost never take the time to read ... I usually fall asleep about two pages in ... but I am determined to make it more of a habit ;) I figure my kids have to read every night for school so I should do it too! I'll let you know what I think!

. said...

Edward?

Carolyn Hansen said...

Don't be jealous Garrit. I'm pretty sure that Millissa loves you more than Edward (I think). :)

Moss & Fern Cottage said...

Thanks for the great tips. I'm always so excited to add to my bookshelves. I LOVE to read !

Enna Isilee said...

Yay! You read TGG!!!! I'm so freakin' happy Carolyn. Ya know, her newest book comes out in 23 days! I got an advanced copy and it was AMAZING! Ah! So happy you read it. Just in case you didn't know Enna Burning is the next book in that series.

Read on sista!

~Lauren