Monday, August 13, 2007

First Day of School


So before I get into the vacation blogs, I thought I'd begin with the present day. Today Jackson started the 2nd grade and Kate began Kindergarten. Despite going to bed at midnight, they were all smiles and eager to get out the door for their first day. Our cute idea of pancakes and pictures were lost on them though. They couldn't wait to meet their teachers!

I have found that Jackson is most ready to talk about his day when he's going to sleep. Just before nodding off tonight he told me that his teacher called him something he'd never heard before. He giggled and said, "She called me "Mr. Talks-a-lot" and then she laughed". Let's hope that Mrs. Roseberry is still laughing in a week and that Jackson is talking less in class.


Kate is lucky to have Mrs. Law for kindergarten (the same teacher that Jackson had). Kate came home today with her "Super Kid" star and was so proud of her first day at school. Jackson and Kate saw each other in the hall and stopped to give each other a hug. How cute is that? I can't believe that I had 2 children in elementary school. Like Jackson said tonight, "it won't be long before we're going to be in college". I almost cried...

5 comments:

Kari said...

Your kiddos are so darling! Congrats on making it through the summer and back into another school year :) I'm sure it will be a great one!

Moss & Fern Cottage said...

Can't wait to hear all about the new adventures they will have throughout the year. I'm sure they both will do just great !!

And stopping to hug each other in the hall way... too cute for words :)

Tracy said...

Yes, I agree, that hallway thing, is absolutely adorable! What great children.

Allison said...

They could not be any cuter! I love the first day of school photos! I am sure they are both just LOVING it!

Craig said...

Thats it...... These kids are too cute and we miss you guys too much. When are we going on that cruise?