Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Snack gone bad

Sometimes the forces are conspiring against me I swear! So, I was trying to get some errands done before the kids got out of school and we had to get to the grocery store. Ava and I were really hungry though so I stopped at Smoothie King and picked up a 32 oz strawberry yogurt delight. Ava never drinks a lot but insits of her own cup so usually they give me a small cup that I can pour some into. So today I pulled around to pay and asked for a cup. They told me that they couldn't give me a cup anymore. What? So I said, "Can I buy a cup please." "Um, no we aren't doing that anymore either", the cashier replied. Seriously folks. What kind of establishment needs to make that a policy? No extra cups? Anyway, I wasn't going to let that get to me, I thought I'll be flexible. I decided to give Ava my drink until she tired of it and then I could drink the rest. So I strap her into the cart with the tub o' smoothie in her little hands and lap. She's drinking happily as we begin shopping in the produce department. While choosing some strawberries I hear, "Oh, no...mess Mommy". I turn around to see the entire smoothie on Ava's lap, legs, shoes and dripping through the cart. Nice!
Gratefully, there was a kind employee who grabbed me a roll of paper towels to clean Ava up. That was hilarious. I stripped her down to her diaper and bagged up the mess. Then I used an entire roll of paper towels wiping down everything and finally put her back in the cart. As long as we were there I was going to get my shopping done so I continued through the store with many a strange look from other shoppers as they stared at my 2 year old sporting only her huggies. The judgements were nearly audible but we got our shopping done and are all cleaned up. Good Times! :)

9 comments:

Tracy said...

Definitely Good Times!

the andersons said...

Hilarious! (After it was all over, of course!) :)

Kari said...

Been there ....

Moss & Fern Cottage said...

I'm sure people were staring (jealous) because Ava is so darn cute :)

Allison said...

So funny. I always feel like no one can make a fool out of you faster than your toddler, but you handled it so well! But then again, you are such a parenting pro! I hope I can be like you some day.

emily said...

Why oh why can I relate soooo well to this post? I totally felt like I was reading about my own life. Alas, one day we shall look back and laugh...or gasp and wonder how we did it!

Tanya said...

I'm screaming for you.

An said...

Dude. Will we ever learn? That is what I ask myself every time.

Craig said...

Like I always say..... once dirty white trash, always dirty white trash. Embrace it, Carolyn!