Friday, May 30, 2008

Kate Turns 6!

We can't believe it but our Kate is 6 years old today. The day was entirely as she requested beginning with Lucky Charms cereal. Then on to the pool where we spent 7 hours playing in the sun and eating popsicle after popsicle. She said on more than one occassion, "It's my birthday Mom, so can I ________. " Smart little girl, eh? As each hour passed, she begged for "one more hour" at the pool. I couldn't refuse the birthday requests.


After the pool we came home and had the family party. Kate's meal of choice-spaghetti and meatballs with a side of strawberries and sourdough bread. How lucky am I? It's a good thing it was quick to prepare as we were all famished from the day in the sun.


Everyone had fun watching Kate open her presents but Jackson and Ava really enjoyed feasting on Carvel ice cream cake. For my family members reading this, I know you are totally jealous as you imagine me eating those chocolate crunchies! Kate's favorite gifts were a Hannah Montana/Mylie Cyrus CD, Tiny Ponnieville My Little Ponies and The Last Unicorn DVD.


All in all, this was a wonderful day to celebrate Kate and to remember that very special day when she joined our family.

9 comments:

Moss & Fern Cottage said...

Could she BE any cuter ?

Carly said...

Her hair is so ADORABLE! I love the little headbands you have. I have a cute little picture of you and Jason with Kate in the bjorn. It was at your going away party in Ann Arbor, so she couldn't have been very old at all. I can't believe it has been 6 years since then!

Anonymous said...

Please sing along with us...

We love you, Kate, oh yes we do, we don't love anyone like we love you, when you're not with us, we're blue...oh, Kate, we love you!

We're so happy you had such a fun birthday...you are special and we love you!

the andersons said...

Happy Birthday, Kate! We love you.

Shauna said...

Happy Birthday cutie pie! I hope that you had a terrific day. We love you very much!

BIGSKYBLAST said...

What a GREAT birthday, Kate. You look SOOOOO happy! I'm glad.

Steve Anderson said...

What a great picture of a great and wonderful girl!

Kari said...

Sounds like the perfect birthday for Kate!! Happy (belated) birthday to you :)

Anonymous said...

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh kate we are in for fun tonight, you will be soooooooo sore tomorrow but feel soooooooooooo good, it is time you took it in the bum , but first I want to 69 and eat your p-ssy sooooooooo good while I c-m in your mouth, I know 69 is your fav thing for us to do