Friday, May 23, 2008

A Patriotic Performance

All 5 kindergarten classes at Kate's school put on a Patriotic Performance yesterday. Words fail me (I know that is a rare event, but it's true) as I try to describe just how amazing the performance was. Every one of those kids learned each word to the six songs that they performed and one of the songs was even done in sign language! One boy in Kate's class recently had his father leave for a 14 month tour in Iraq. They dedicated the event to him and those kids sang their little hearts out. I am pretty sure that there wasn't a dry eye in the auditorium!


The first clip is of Kate leading the Pledge of Allegiance and the second is of the signing song. The quality isn't great because we were using my camera but you'll get the idea.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Attending all of the end of the year programs is a thrill for parents and grandparents. We have loved every program/play/choir/recital/ballgame we have witnessed during the month of May. I love to hear children sing and patriotic programs are my weakness. They always choke me up! Oh how I would have loved to have been in Atlanta to see and hear Kate's entire program. Thanks for sharing the video clip.

BIGSKYBLAST said...

Way to go, Kate! I'm glad my grandchildren are in places were they actually value and teach the Pledge and Patriotic songs. Yup. These kids are great!

Allison said...

So cute! I'm glad you got it on video!

Moss & Fern Cottage said...

I love the "thank you" at the end... she's a doll