Monday, May 21, 2007

Book Addiction




My sister-in-law, Shauna, has been telling me for months about the book Twilight and how awesome she thought it was. I won't even tell you what it is about because it was a turn off for me when Shauna told me the plot line. I have to give her props for being persistent though, as she ignored my lack of enthusiasm and bought me a copy anyway. I am so glad that she did!
I grabbed the book on my way out the door last weekend as we headed to beach and started reading it in the car. I finished that 500+ page book before the end of the day and then persisted in bugging all of my family members to read the book too. I convinced my sister-in-law, Jenny, and she too finished it in a day. Since we were both still on vacation and had little else to do with our time we went to the authors website to see when the sequel was going to be published. Turns out that the sequel, New Moon, had already been published so we ran to Target and bought 2 copies. We polished that book off in under a day as well. The books are actually classed as young adult fiction (so they are very quick reads) and have a fun story line. If you are up for some pool reading this summer or some mindless fun I highly recommend these two books. The next in the series, Eclipse, is going to be out on August 7th so if you hurry up you can read that one too!

7 comments:

the andersons said...

Amen, sista!

Allison said...

I can't wait to read these. You have been so enthusiastic about them, they must be good!

Kasey said...

Sounds like a great read. I found Twilight on half.com for <$6! Can't wait for it to arrive! Thanks for the recommendation.

. said...

So Millissa saw these books and HAD to have them. I have lost her for another couple of weeks...

An said...

We just read these two for our book group, and then spent the evening wishing our husbands were vampires.

Anonymous said...

I just have to say Carolyn that if you liked these two books you will LOVE The Goose Girl, By Shannon Hale. Go read it! Both Grandma and my mom are loving it!

Kasey said...

Carolyn - My copy of Twilight arrived last week, but I was waiting to finish a Debbie Macomber book I was in the middle of. I started Twilight last night. Even though I've only read the first chapter, I can tell already I'm going to like it. I really like her style of writing. Can't wait to get futher into it. Thanks for the recommendation!