Saturday, May 19, 2007

Soccer Tournament




Jackson participated in his first soccer tournament this weekend. His team played one game yesterday and 2 today. In order to advance to the final they had to win all 3 games. They had 2 wins and 1 close loss by only 1 goal. One of my favorite moments of the weekend was when Jackson's teammate, Chance, ran up to Jackson after he scored a goal, jumped up and they butted chests. Too darn cute.
Jackson has really found his stride these past few weeks. He learned to challenge the other players in possession of the ball and also how to slide while kicking. He even scored a goal today on a left footed slide shot. It was awesome!
On a different note, I think that I might need therapy. I have found that I am physically unable to verbally control myself at soccer games. It is a bit ridiculous that I have to continually shout words of encouragement and even "suggestions" from time to time for the duration of the U-8 game. I just get so swept up in the game and I really can't contain my enthusiasm. (At least I am not asking what the score of the game is or even caring who wins.) Gratefully, Jackson doesn't mind my enthusiasm and even looks over from time to time and gives me a thumbs up. What a great kid!

No comments: