Sunday, October 14, 2007

Ava, Ava, Ava


This little girl is a total crack up! She is by far the most verbal one we've produced yet and is constantly making us laugh, even when we probably shouldn't. Here are a few of her latest funnies.


I bought this darling Flamingo costume from Babystyle for her to wear this year. She dons it once and then declares, "I no like birdie". She now refuses to put this costume on and instead requests to be a fairy for the upcoming holiday.

She has also decided that she chooses which spoon color, cartoon character bowl, type of cup, style of shoes, etc. If we decide for her, she cries and chants, "I like dis' one. I no want it". Kill me...

At the risk of painting this cutie pie as a demon child, she also has recently decided to start saying "Bad Mommy" and "Bad Daddy" when we give her directions that she doesn't care for. I have a really hard time keeping a straight face for this one! The gumption of a 2 year old I tell you!

Despite her burgeoning independence we are as always, completely smitten with this sweet girl. Kind of makes me wish I had another one. Almost...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy Moly, That reminds me so much of Courtnie and Meagan. During the summer I let them wear what they wanted but I told Courtnie on school days I needed to pick the outfits. She still sometimes throws fits. Good lucK!

Kari said...

She really is completely adorable in every way!! I've got a 4 year old on my hands with many of the same characteristics ;)

Moss & Fern Cottage said...

TOO cute for words !! :)

Anonymous said...

What a cutie! Kate and Flynn shout "Ava" when they see pictures of her. I love it! Give her a big hug from me and don't let her forget us!:)

Craig said...

Now this I can relate to.... Sy has showed this same level of independence since we brought him home from the hospital. Good luck!

BIGSKYBLAST said...

I NO LIKE BIRDIE! Tell Ava, that GRANDMA likes the birdie (costume). It is ADORABLE!

Anonymous said...

Your little imp is so adorable that it makes all of her antics even more precious. Sure do miss her -- especially her loud voice calling GRAMMA, GRAMMA! Nothing quiet about that girl!