Saturday, October 06, 2007

Fall Festival Success



You all haven't heard much from me lately because of a little thing called The Fall Festival. For the last 12 years our elementary school has put on a really fun festival and yours truly was the co-chair of the event for the second year running. Despite the craziness that is our lives, I really did want to co-chair the event again and yet am SO happy that it is over. After putting in the first year learning the ropes, this year went much more smoothly and we had a great time "upgrading" the event. We added many new games, had inflatables, a rock wall, zip line, terrifically spooky haunted house, and yummy food!

I couldn't have done it without my better half (better fall festival half that is). I had an AMAZING co-chair, Angela, who is a "get-it-done" person and really made things happen so I didn't stress. Note - Don't you love our "Fall Fesival Boss" T's? Those were inspired by Jackson, who last year told everyone that his Mom was, "the boss of the Fall Festival". Angela thought that was really cute and our idea was born.

The kids really look forward to this event and I love being able to have a part in making it a very special day for them. Down side to today was that Kate was feeling really bad and had to leave the festival just a short while after arriving (for more details see her blog). Jackson spent the entire day there with me from 10am-5pm and loved every minute of it.

The wheels are already turning for next year's event. Stay tuned for a bigger and better Fall Festival!

8 comments:

BIGSKYBLAST said...

Good Job. Glad it's over though! NOW SLEEP! Sorry to hear about Kate. Heading to her blog right now.

Anonymous said...

What fun...love the photos! Way to go, Carolyn!

Anonymous said...

Looks so awesome! We will definitely have to get our heads together and share some ideas since I will be doing this next year at our school. You are an amazing person I love ya tons!

Moss & Fern Cottage said...

I'm sure Jackson is so proud of his mom " The Boss "... It's so great you could make the time to do all that for the kids. The pictures are lovely !!

Anonymous said...

I think the family photo needs to be enlarged, framed and put in your home ASAP...so cute!!!

Miss you!

Anonymous said...

Why am I not surprise Carolyn is the "Boss of the Fall Festival?" I want to be the boss too!! (stomp, stomp)

Kasey said...

That looks like it was a huge success and so fun! You ARE Super Mom! :) I admire you so much. Seeing the photo of the Kisses for Kate booth brought tears to my eyes - so awesome. Hope she's feeling better this week.

Love the shirts, too! Love, Kasey

Kari said...

Great job!! Our school has their fall festival in a few weeks ... I'm not chairing that - I help on the hospitality end of things ;) They couldn't have had their festival in any better hands!