Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Project Organize - Part 1

This post is basically just for my Mom so feel free to disregard if you find this too mundane. (I am celebrating a small victory here though.) Since we moved into our home in March there have been several unfinished projects that stare me down each day. They haven't broken me down to complete them mind you, but they linger and cause me a kind of guilty stress on a daily basis. Well, last week I completed one of those projects and it felt so good! I know that many people would have ensured that their closet was the first thing organized in their home but I managed to get by without having it done. (Of course, I have rotated the same 7 outfits for the last 5 months but it worked - sort of).

I really should have taken a "before" shot too, so that you could experience the true transformation but I will try to describe the chaos that was my closet. In the center of the closet was a pack-n-play that was actually set up. There were 3 laundry baskets divided into tennis clothes, running clothes, and "I have no idea what to do with these clothes". The shelves were a mish-mash of heaps of clothes which desperately needed some sorting and thinning out. After a mere 3 hours - VOILA! (Kind of makes me wonder why I didn't tackle this sooner).

I guess that all I have left to do is to go shopping. :)

Side note - Jason pointed out that this entire rack is workout clothes! I think that I need to spend some time diversifying my wardrobe and less time in workout clothes.

6 comments:

BIGSKYBLAST said...

Hip, Hip, HURRAY!

Jason?

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Carolyn...when are you headed to San Antonio to take care of my closet?!:)

Love you and miss you bunches!

Kari said...

I *LOVE* tackling and finishing a big project like that!! Don't do it very often, mind you, but love the feeling when it's done :) I went through all 4 kiddos dressers and closets this past weekend pulling out what doesn't fit, adding in things that fit the next one down, bringing in the fall/winter clothes (mostly moving to long sleeved vs. short sleeved here in Phoenix), etc. Then yesterday was spent shopping to fill in the gaps!! Glad I only have to do that twice a year!!! Great job on your closet ... and at least you're wearing all of those workout clothes ;) I'm back at the gym when we get back from Disneyland - gotta get off the rest of this baby weight I'm packing around (my next big project) ;)

Anonymous said...

I've been in that closet (or should I say I've tried to get in that closet) and it looks great now!
Love ya and of course I miss ya!

Kasey said...

These are my favorite kind of posts, because they inspire me to tackle projects on my list! It's funny how a project that's put off seems to become larger than life, then is never really that difficult once you take care of it. Congrats on your new found order.

Anonymous said...

I'm jealous...