Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Atlanta Half Marathon

You all have probably heard on the news that there is a severe drought in Georgia - water restrictions everywhere. Well, God has a funny sense of humor because the day before the marathon and the day after the marathon were beautiful but it POURED during the race. In fact, as they counted down to the start of the race - 10, 9, 8... on 3, 2, 1 it began with a heavy downpour. The rain could not have been timed better and the runners all had to laugh outloud. (I really should have been more specific in my prayers when requesting an end to the drought). Jason and the kids were there to cheer me on, despite the conditions and it was so appreciated. There is nothing better than seeing your family at the end of the race.

I didn't make my goal of 2 hours but was close and was happy to finish with my personal best of 2:03. This was the first race that I have run in the rain and I must say that I hope I don't have too many more. My soaking socks bunched up and I got a few blisters but on the plus side I wasn't too hot. :)

Nate, one of our closest friends in Atlanta and pictured here with his son Owen, ran the race with me and it was great to have him there for moral support. I'm going to try to convince him to run another one with me but first - the Disney marathon in 47 days!



12 comments:

Craig said...

Congratulations, Carolyn! I wish I had been there with you.

Anonymous said...

WAY TO GO, GIRL!

the andersons said...

Congrats Carolyn! We are so proud of you.

Steve Anderson said...

That's my girl!

BIGSKYBLAST said...

Thanks so much for keeping us up to date. The pictures make me feel like I was there. What a tradition!

Anonymous said...

Carolyn you are AWESOME! It actually looked like a lot of fun! Also I am not getting you black running shorts for Christmas because you are wearing a cute pair here. So, please give me more suggestions.

Unknown said...

you rock!

Allison said...

Way to go Carolyn! And thanks for being such a support and encouragement to Nate!

Tanya said...

2:03, wow, you are good!

Kasey said...

You are so awesome! And great practice for the Disney marathon. Yeah for the rain! :)

Kari said...

You amaze me!! I love to hear about all of you accomplishments :) Congrats on a fantastic finish!

Moss & Fern Cottage said...

Seriously.... you ARE amazing !! I don't know how you do it all. I'm so proud of you. I miss and love you !!