Monday, November 26, 2007

Early onset of Alzheimers?




CJ's birthday reminded me that I never posted a funny story about Jackson's birthday party a few weeks ago. As many of you know, I went all out for the big Pokemon bash. I made "Trainer Badges" and came up with 8 different Pokemon activities where the kids could earn a badge in each of the areas to become an official Pokemon Trainer.




They seemed to have a really great time and by the end of the two hours we were hustling to finish up and eat our Pokemon Pizza. I don't know if it was trying to keep up with Jackson and the other 9 eight year olds in my home, the fatigue from running and staying up until 2am or what happened but several hours after the party ended I had the sudden horrible realization that we never had the birthday cake! The kids were all having so much fun that we completely forgot the cake. Um, how does that happen? I am seriously concerned about myself.


I was especially bummed because this wasn't just any cake. This was special order Carvel Pokemon Ball ice cream cake. I am so happy that Jackson thought it was a funny mistake and wasn't sad about the oversight. Alas, we ended up finally singing to him as a family a week later and cutting into that cake. (We are still enjoying the left overs too.)

5 comments:

Kasey said...

WOW. 8 activities?!?! You really ARE the Super Mom. :)

emily said...

Classic story, Carolyn! Considering the fact that you had about 642 other activities at the bday party, it's no wonder you forgot the cake. Must be a sign of a GREAT party when the kids forget the cake too!

And p.s. I cannot believe how BIG Jackson is...I haven't seen him since he was like 3 years old. Literally!

Anonymous said...

This is so funny and typical of you AND me...that's why I love you!:)

Happy Birthday, Jackson!

the andersons said...

Glad you are back up and running with your blog. We love hearing the updates...

Looks like you had a great party, Jackson!

Kari said...

Um ... hilarious!!! Wanna come put together and throw birthday parties for my kiddos? Way better than what I would ever do (if I actually ever had birthday parties for them more than every few years)!!!