Monday, November 19, 2007

Catching you up Part 2 - Jackson's Baptism



Jackson was baptized on November 3rd in the Brockett Ward in Atlanta. It was a very small event but that was what Jackson said he wanted (until the morning of the event anyway but I'll get to that). There was more stress than I had anticpated with having a computer that was on the fritz. Jason also had 3 grants due during that week so we were completely handicapped planning the event. I stayed up very late the night before, working on the program at Nate's house and then got up to run 10 miles with TNT. I rushed home got a few last minute things done and we headed off to the church. Nevertheless, it was a wonderful day for Jackson.

Gramma and Grampa Hansen and Grandma and Papa Anderson flew out for the occasion and we were so happy to have them here. Jackson asked Grampa Hansen and Grandma Anderson to speak and Jason prepared what else? - a DVD of his life set to church music, which we showed while the guys were changing. It took us from his birth to now and ended with him in his baptismal clothing. Jason did a great job with very limited time. When I figure out how to do this I will upload it so you can see it if you'd like.

The morning of the baptism Jackson asked me who would be there. I told him the 3 families that he had previously asked for would be there but that was it. Suddenly he became upset. I reminded him that we had gone through the list of his school friends that we could invite and church friends too but he said he didn't want many people to be there so I made the event what he wanted (or what I thought he wanted). Gratefully, I was able to explain that this day was really for him and it wasn't like a birthday party where more people means a better time. He understood and was calmed but I was nervous for a second that I had ruined his big day.

We are so proud of Jackson and his decision to be baptized. He is such a tender hearted little boy who wants to choose the right.

3 comments:

BIGSKYBLAST said...

I had checked out the photogs earlier, but the "shows" are SO much better!

Kari said...

So proud of you, Jackson! You are a handsome young man who is a shining example for those around you :)

Craig said...

Congratulations, Jackson! We are proud of you.