Thursday, October 23, 2008

9 Year Old!

I can NOT believe that our little boy is 9 years old today! A cute couple was sitting in front of us at church on Sunday about to have their first child. She was due on Oct 15, like Jackson was, and is overdue but patiently awaiting the arrival of her little one. (OK, so anyone who remembers us 9 years ago remembers that we weren't patiently waiting, but you get the point. )

After talking to them, Jason looked at me and said, "That was us 9 years ago". We then surveyed our clan and for a moment were awestruck with all that can happen in such a short period of time.

Time passes too swiftly for my taste and I hate change. Really. One thing that hasn't changed for me though, is how completely in love I am with this boy! From the moment I laid eyes on him I was so smitten. Here are a few things that I love about Jackson.

1) He is such a kind big brother who truly loves his sisters. I doubt there was ever a sweeter big brother.
2) He loves to snuggle with me and still asks me to lay down with him at bedtime.
3) He kisses my belly every time I leave.
4) He loves to learn and tries his best.
5) He has such a funny sense of humor and is easy to laugh.
6) He is a good friend. I love seeing the way he treats his peers.
7) Has a smile that melts my heart.
8) Is as tenderhearted as they come. He can sense our moods and gives a hug, smile or lends a hand when we need it.
9) Loves to be active and doesn't argue with my no video game rule :)
10) Will always be my firstborn boy and has a special place in my heart that can't be replaced.

I love you Jackson!!!! You make every day brighter because you are in the world!

8 comments:

Shauna said...

Happy Birthday Jackson! The Carter Cousins all wish you a great day. And I know it just signs like a line but really your present is in the mail. Ok maybe tomorrow but it is bought I am just to lazy/busy to get to the post office. But we still love you a ton!

The Bellyakers... said...

Happy Birthday sweet boy!! We were one of the witnesses to your parents impatience!!! They were awful... grumpy, bitter... oh whoops... sweet, kind...

We love you all!

. said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JACKSON!!! Love the Johnsons

Kasey said...

Happy Birthday Jackson!

Kari said...

How fun to have that flashback in church ... amazing to see how much life changes in the blink of an eye, huh? Happy Birthday, Jackson!!

Anonymous said...

I love you, Jackson...even miles away! I love the list your mom wrote about the things she loves about you. I love your kindness, your sweet spirit and tender heart, your competitiveness in sports and in the classroom, what a great friend you are to me and the rest of the Hatch family and how you light up a room any time I am in it! I miss you, buddy!

Happy Birthday!

Love,
Anne

Anonymous said...

Hey Jackson~

How are you? I love the things your mom wrote about you! I can remember when you were three and we became friends and I have so many wonderful memories of time we've spent together!

I miss you so much!

Happy Birthday! :)

Love,
Sarah

Anonymous said...

you need a dog Jackson!!!!!!