Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Eye Biopsy

This past month has been trying to say the least! We kind of joked about Jason's eye but in truth, things weren't very funny. Jason continued to have double vision since it began and was referred from doctor to doctor. Bottom line was that the problem likely didn't come from the sinus infection but they didn't have a reason why. They gave us several very scary possibilities all of which made me cry one Friday. Then the last doctor that we met with said let's not speculate but instead recommended a biopsy of Jason's eye muscle and from the back of the eye where the inflammation was prominent. (Does anyone find it hilarious that they put this on Jason's head before surgery?)
Jason had this procedure exactly one week ago and we are still awaiting the results. Our hope is that the results will point to idiopathic (meaning they don't know why) and that it won't be one of those other scary diagnosis.
I would post an after photo of the surgery but it even made me a little squeamish and that is saying something! I'll keep you updated as more develops.

11 comments:

Kasey said...

Yikes! I've been wondering about you guys and hoping the eye issue had been resolved. We'll keep you all in our prayers.

That sticker is awesome! I guess they can't be too careful about operating on the correct eye. Hang in there.

Steve Anderson said...

I've been pacing the floor for days. Thanks for the update. Our thoughts and prayers are with your wonderful family.

Anonymous said...

Thanks so very very much for the update. It's hard to be miles away and not know the daily stuff. Am I nosey? Yes!

Shauna said...

It was so good to talk to Jason yesterday. We had such a great talk. Thanks for the update I was just hoping that we would know for sure what is going on. hang in there, we love you

BIGSKYBLAST said...

Awaiting the ring of the phone. Day or night, hour doesn't matter. Call when you need to.

Moss & Fern Cottage said...

I've been so worried about you guys. Good to hear from you. I will keep Jason, and all of you in my prayers. And yes, that sticker is pretty funny. He's got gorgeous eyes... tell the Dr. to take good care of him :)

Love ya

. said...

Dude you are in our prayers. as well as Kate and the baby...

Tanya said...

Wow, enough already. I heard about this from Shauna, actually it was Julie, so I am glad you posted an update. Carolyn, you are a strong woman to be able to gracefully handle all that you do.

Allison said...

Thanks for the update. You are in our prayers!

Anonymous said...

Wow--no wonder we haven't heard from you for ages. Sean and I were just talking about you guys a few days ago. keep us updated--definitely in our prayers. love you guys!

Anonymous said...

Hi Carolyn and Jason,
I have been secretly keeping tabs on you and your beautiful family. We certainly miss you in AA. You have been in our prayers. Thanks for not posting the "after"photos. Andy has had to have lumps removed from his head. I have to check the staples the first few days...yuck.