Monday, May 25, 2009

He's Got it Figured Out

Out of the blue Jackson hits me with this one...

J - Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a scientist. And I am going to find the cure for leukemia.
Me - Wow, that would be amazing.
J - Yea, I think that the key to being a scientist is figuring out how everything fits together.
Me - Sounds like you've been thinking about this for a while.
J - (Long pause) I think that there are like, only 1 or 2 pieces missing too, so when I get those I'll be able to put the puzzle together and cure leukemia.

How cute is that?! I love how wonderfully simple things are in the mind's of children.

6 comments:

Kasey said...

So sweet!

Mary said...

That would be wonderful!

SHANNA said...

that is so sweet!

BIGSKYBLAST said...

He may be right! By the time he gets there maybe the puzzle will be almost finished. What a great attitude and so full of hope. That's something I love about Jackson.

Anne said...

adorable!

Craig said...

k... that just made my day. you go, jackson!