Saturday, May 30, 2009

Peachtree Jr. Road Race

Jackson has run several races to date, but this was to be Kate's first race.  I guess we should have thought to prepare her for the mayhem at the start of the race but really had no idea it would be so crazy.  I guess that happens when you have 2,200, 7-12 year olds all trying to "win" it.  So Kate got knocked down, skinned her knee in the starting gate but Jackson made it though without any trauma. He told us that he finished the first mile in 7:15 and the entire race in under 15 minutes.  He really likes to run and we are hoping that the love continues.  

Seriously now, he's smiling while running that pace!

10 comments:

Kasey said...

What cute little runners!

Like mother, like children. :)

Katie C Kirkham said...

like mother, like children.

I love it! WAY TO GO JACKSON and Kate you are such a trooper!

Allison said...

Those pictures are too cute! They look so little!

The Smiths said...

Go Hansens! I can't wait to get back to the USA and get Savannah involved in some races. She is always excited to run with her mama...and I am loving it!

CJ and Wendy's Family said...

way to go Jackson!

Mary said...

Super job, Jackson. Sorry about your skinned knees, Kate. Next year...

BIGSKYBLAST said...

GO JACKSON!

Suzanne said...

That was fun to see your family -- especially the baby! Good for you. The stories are wonderful -- though I think my Hansen is the most supportive husband in the world. Can we share? Best to everyone!

John said...

Wow... Very unique blog.
Fantastic pictures.

I like your blog.

Please visit:
http://bali-digitalworld.blogspot.com

Keep blogging.
Good day.

Heidi said...

I'm serious when I say this...I really think you're the best blogger I know!!

Jeff
Heidi is almost done with your pic's. They look great.