Sunday, May 03, 2009

I HATE DOGS...but don't tell Jackson.

OK- So I had a dog growing up and I really loved her.  I don't know what happened between now and then but I've got to tell you that the love is gone.  All I think of now when I see a dog is work.  Buying dog food, taking it to the vet, taking it for walks, cleaning up the ENDLESS hair and now I add cleaning up dog diarrhea to the list.  Yes, I said diarrhea.  The D word is out and no less gross for it.  
We woke up this beautiful Sunday morning to a very concerned Jackson standing by the side of our bed.  In a blurry state I remember something about Bodie, bad smell, blood and diarrhea. Well that last word got me up in a hurry and we rushed out to see the damage.  I was very concerned myself when a horrific odor greeted me at the top of stairs but was grateful to find that at least the mess was pretty well contained.  While Jason took the kennel outside for a good hosing off I tried to keep Ava out of the remaining mess.  Jackson took Bodie out for a very long walk and then gave him a bath (Side note - Jackson has got to be the most fastidious, dog loving owner that ever was - well maybe 2nd to Grampa Hansen).  Anyhoo, after a cleansing bath Bodie saw fit to promptly relieve himself of the remaining contents of his intestines all over my dining room floor, living room and hall.  (I consider that a non-contained mess and was seriously unhappy at this point.)  If I hadn't been completely disgusted by the unfolding scene I might have actually laughed out loud to see Jason chase our continuously pooping dog while shouting, "No Bodie, No!"

I swear, if this little boy didn't absolutely love his dog...  I tell you, there is no end to a mother's love! :)

7 comments:

CJ and Wendy's Family said...

sick!! and heck yes we will come visit in july- yay!

The Bellyakers... said...

I feel like I just wrote this! I too grew up with a dog I loved. I too hate dogs as an adult. What has happened? We have our little Molly and I can't tell you how exact my feelings are!! If my kids didn't love this dog-- well, no comment. I feel I am suffering through this one time Worthen pet experience... but nice to know misery loves company!

I am assuming from the trip to Greece we won't be seeing you in October! Happy Birthday Jason!!! Wow! We will miss you!!

Kasey said...

I hear ya!

I have always hated dogs. Even as a child, I protested the adoption of a dog that was hanging around our property. I was out-voted by my siblings. I think I actually cheered and did a little dance when he finally died when I was a freshman at BYU. Seriously hated that dog...all dogs.

I'm sure my children will think I'm the "meanest mom ever" when I never get them a dog. Oh well.

Sorry about your poopy Sunday. That stinks...haha.

Mary said...

I hear ya. Dogs, like kids are a lot of work. But, like you say, Jackson LOVES Bodie. What can a person do??

Heidi said...

That is truly disgusting and just one more reason that I am winning the no dog rule at our house!

Your Easter pictures are darling--and just so you know, we are still waiting to see those cruise pictures!!:) hehe!

The Smiths said...

Yikes! Yet one more confirmation that, "NO, I don't want a dog!" While I am not a self-declared dog hater - I would like to think I don't "hate" anything or anyone - I will say I don't like them :)

BIGSKYBLAST said...

Not only did I come home with stray dog and rabbits, but mostly people. I can't HELP MYSELF! The helpless and needy just "found their way" to my door...sorry...I vote for dogs and just about any other living thing that needs a hug (OK, so MAYBE, just MAYBE...I DON'T LIKE CATS!)