Tuesday, January 22, 2008

HOTlanta? I think not...

You may have heard about our freakish weather already but I'm here to tell you that it is true. Last week it snowed twice. Not the kind of "snow" we ususally get either, which is really an ice storm but stick to the ground, make a snowman, have a snowball fight kind of snow.
These pictures were taken before Jackson's first basketball game and when we returned we were pleasantly surprised to see how much had accumulated. The snowball fight was the highlight for Jackson.

It was so much fun to play outside with the kids and watch them sled down our hill. (This is the one and only time of year that we are happy that our front yard is a giant hill!)


True to Atlanta, everything we had planned for the weekend was cancelled including a scout caving expedition, math tournament and even church! On the upside, we had a wondefully relaxing weekend at home and really enjoyed the 4 day break. Hope you all did as well!

7 comments:

Kari said...

Gotta love crazy weather ... I remember when it was "predicted" to snow in Memphis they would cancel school!!! I would have to drive to school with 4 inches on the ground when I taught in Utah!! Gotta love the mid-60s here - although I know my kids would *love* to go sledding and have a snowball fight! Guess we'll have to head to Flagstaff one of these weekends ;) Looks like you had a wonderful time!

Moss & Fern Cottage said...

I wish I could send you some Utah snow... we are getting DUMPED on. We are supposed to get another storm on Thursday. I'm really itching for Spring but I fear I have a very long wait :( boo hoo...

Cute pix :)

Anonymous said...

Hey, Hansens! We almost got to see you in Atlanta but we were the last plane to get out of ATL airport late friday night!

I miss you!

Sarah

BIGSKYBLAST said...

OH MY GOSH! You got a FUN time and we got the ARCTIC BLAST...2 feet of snow and -32 degrees!!!!!

Tami Vincent said...

Hey, Hansens! I found your blog off Andreas. Your family is so cute. I cant believe how much you guys have grown up. Carolyn we will have to talk sometime I ran the Disneyland half in September.

SHANNA said...

hi carolyn!!! long time, no talk. it looks like ya'll are doing great. just wanted to pop in and say hi. great to see your family having so much fun and taking advantage of the GA snow!!

Craig said...

What is the problem with Austin? Why can't we get a little bit of snow lovin?!