Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter

Is it only my children or does anybody else have kids that freak out when you try to take their picture and the sun is shining? I'm not talking about having them looking directly into the sun either, I mean if the sun happens to be out at all!

It took me about 15 minutes of cajoling and still this was the best picture that I could get of these three! Can't you see the pained look on Kate's face? For sure this wasn't our best Easter picture (we had a hair bow drama too - couldn't find any of our 8 white hair bows) but we'll have great memories nonetheless!
Looking at Ava tonight made me realize how much they've grown in the last few years. I was also telling Jackson some stories tonight about when he was a baby and it made me tear up. Perhaps that is the reason for my nostalgia but I couldn't help looking back over the past 2 years at their Easter pictures. Time goes by too quickly!


This picture was taken last year, just a few weeks before Kate was diagnosed with leukemia. Could you tell that she was sick by looking at this picture? Ava was still as bald as could be too.




And 2 years ago these were our 3 little guys. I absolutely love this picture, even though I vividly recall Kate and Jackson complaining about the sun that day too. Darn those blue eyes! :)

9 comments:

. said...

Your girls always have the cutest dresses. Where do u get them?
-Millissa-

Carly said...

What a fun post! I love their dresses too, so adorable...

Anonymous said...

I had the same sun drama also! All my pictures have Courtnie closing her eyes or covering them and Chandler's face is in a constant look of pain. It was right before church so needless to say I was in no mood to head off to church. Love you tons! shauna

Anonymous said...

I love your Easter pictures. They're certainly not boring or bland. Could Ava be any cuter holding her hands up around her eyes?

I verify Shauna's comment. Dad got some really cute pictures of the girls, but the whole group together were giving that squinty look -- even Shauna (that's what we get for having a rare sunny Utah Easter)! Then to top it off, Dad accidentally deleted them from our computer. Oh well!

Carolyn Hansen said...

Millissa,
The pink dresses are from Ralph Lauren and the red ones from this year are from Dillards. I have found some really cute ones there lately.

Kari said...

Thanks for the tip on Dillards ... love finding cute dresses for my matchy-matchy girls ;) My kids all complain about the sun in pics, too, but especially my blue-eyed Ashton (and I'm sure my blue-eyed Cougar when he's old enough to complain)!! Love to see the progression photos - makes the changes so amazingly REAL, doesn't it?! Adorable as usual ... can't wait to meet them all in a few weeks!!

Anonymous said...

I love your kids!!! Give them each a hug from me, please! I miss you!

emily said...

These are such CUTE pictures! I love the kids' outfits in each of them...so sweet. I still can't believe you have 3 kids. When I knew you, you only had Jackson. How time flies!

BIGSKYBLAST said...

What a great little family. I loved the year-after-year comparisons. It was fun remembering them each at those stages. Miss you guys terribly!