Thursday, March 27, 2008

I'm Sheepish

I had a hard time coming up with a title for this blog. These were also contenders:

1) I Hate People Who Jump to Conclusions
2) Me Judgemental? No Way!
3) Can 2 Year Olds Really Be Considered Bad People?

If you are confused, first read this where somebody "stole" my phone. In order to create balance in the universe I knew that I had to post part 2 of the missing cell phone story. On Monday morning I decided to go to TJ Maxx one last time to see if somebody had turned in the phone before I headed to AT&T to buy a new Blackberry. On the way to the store I said a little prayer asking that my phone (or at the very least, my Sim card) would be there. As I was walking into the store a thought popped into my head. The thought was this, "Ava was holding a pink Kitty bag when you were shopping". This is very typical for me. I'll let her hold something that she wants so that she's entertained during the shopping but I have absolutely no intention of actually purchasing it. At the end of the night she pitched a huge fit about putting the bag back and I was frazzled leaving the store. Hmmm, perhaps there was a reason that she made such a fuss about having to put the bag back....

After that thought I raced to the back of store and opened the first pink Kitty bag I saw. Guess what I found inside - an empty fruit snack wrapper and my Blackberry!!! As it turns out, Ava is the "thief" of my phone but she is definitely not a bad person and she is decidedly not a litter bug. :)

PS - I have repented of all of those bad thoughts I had and said many grateful prayers of thanks. Sometimes there are happy endings. :)

11 comments:

Kasey said...

Wow - what a great, happy ending to your lost phone story. I'm so glad you followed up by checking the store one last time. And had you not remembered the pink kitty bag....wow. That's amazing!

Now I'm thinking of all the people that may have checked their own phones when they walked past the 'ringing pink kitty bag.' Too funny!

Mrs. B said...

that is a GREAT ending to the story. I esp love the lack of littering!

Life in the Oliver Lane! said...

So funny! I'm glad you found your phone. First it was your cammera in the trash, second was your phone at TJ Max. Ava will keep you on your toes!

Tracy said...

Great story! Loved reading it ;-) Keep your eye on that girl!!

Anonymous said...

Well, certainly non of us have every done THAT before!! Ava, Ava, Ava -- still a great big spirit in a little body.

Kari said...

What a hilariously happy ending!! So glad to hear you found it ... especially before you shelled out the money for a new phone :)

Anonymous said...

Great story...so glad you found your Blackberry, now call me or text me!:)

Love you!

Amy said...

What a great ending! I absolutely love the dramatic twist.

BIGSKYBLAST said...

So now those of US who had that same "I Hate Mean People" feeling for you will have to be sheepish as well. Good analytical skills, though! Might want to get Ava her own phone...it might be cheaper!

Craig said...

That is beautiful.... you were probably 1 day away from dropping a few hundred bucks too. I know this is selfish of me but I am having a hard time feeling totally happy though because I am jealous that our little "theft" didn't have such a happy ending.

Lori said...

That's an awesome story. haha. I'm amazed you found it.

VERY excited you have a BB. If you have a data plan we can be even BETTER friends as I am rather addicted to mine. :)