Saturday, March 22, 2008

I Hate Bad People

So my cell phone was stolen tonight. Nope, not lost - stolen! Ava and I were in TJ Maxx this evening and I repeatedly took my Blackberry from her. At one point, I gave up and just let her hold it. Big mistake, big, huge. She left it in the dressing room and when I went back 20 minutes later to retrieve it the attendent said it was gone. Right! I also know that it was stolen because the phone was fully charged (I had just been talking to CJ on it) and yet when I call it goes straight to voice mail.
I just don't understand how somebody can take what doesn't belong to them. Who can pick up a shiny phone, which they didn't purchase, and promptly put it in their pocket? I am too mad right now because a part of me hopes that the universe repays the thief in some fitting way.
Worse than having to buy a new cell phone (as if that isn't bad enough) is having to gather everyone's phone numbers again. So basically everyone I know will need to email me their contact information again because it is all on that tiny little Sim card inside my phone which a bad person is carrying around in their pocket.
Oh, and if you get a call from my cell phone but it isn't me on the other end, please give the thief an earful from me!

9 comments:

BIGSKYBLAST said...

Got it! Now I know why I couldn't reach you on my way home from Utah!

Sorry, hon. It truly is annoying. And at Easter, too!

Kari said...

Probably means you'll need to get a new number, too, or else they could rack up your bill!! That is SO infuriating!!!!! Sad to think how much I would lose if I lost my phone - I have EVERYTHING on it!! Reminds me I need to sync it to my computer. {{{{{HUGS}}}}} to you!

angela said...

I'm calling right now!

Vocabdiva said...

I'm sorry! That is SOOOO exasperating. May karma repay the deed--it all does come around you know.

Kasey said...

I'm going to try to call that bad person, too! That stinks. It's times like this that I'd like to believe karma works. Sorry for the inconvenience. I will email you my contact info.

Life in the Oliver Lane! said...

I'm so sorry. Rude,Rude,Rude!

Anonymous said...

I hate anyone who messes with you!:)

Keep your chin up...

Allison said...

So....whatever happened? Did you find your phone? :)

Tanya said...

I like to shop at TJ Maxx, but for some reason there always seem to be sketchy people "shopping" as well, even here. Hope those bad people get it in the end.