Friday, April 11, 2008

Ava, Ava, Ava

I forgot about this story but was reminded when I downloaded the pictures from my camera. Because Kate was admitted to the hospital on Jason's birthday we weren't able to celebrate as a family on the 29th. By the time things settled down it was a few days later and we decided to just wait until Aunt Kristine was in town. While Jason was at a church meeting the kids helped us bake the cake. I frosted it while they were sleeping and we planned to decorate it the next day before his party.

Well, we woke up and got ready for church. I called to Ava to come upstairs and get her dress on but she kept saying no. When I finally walked downstairs to get her, this was what I saw.

In a few minutes time Ava had licked around the entire cake and poked dozens of holes in the top nearly taking all of the icing off. When she saw my open jaw stare she promptly said, "Sorry, Mom". But in truth, I don't think the girl felt bad at all. I think that Jason won't soon forget his was birthday cake masterpiece - compliments of Ava. Pretty fancy wouldn't you say?

11 comments:

BIGSKYBLAST said...

It's a good thing she's so CUTE!

Kasey said...

I think you're right - she looks so proud of herself!

I want to know who still ate the cake! ;)

Anonymous said...

Oh my, what a character she is...your mom is right, it's a good thing she's so cute! Happy Birthday, Jason!

Moss & Fern Cottage said...

How can you be mad at a face like that :) Not possible...

Craig said...

OK... so I have seen at least a picture or two of you with your FEET in a chocolate cake when you weren't that much younger than Ava. Karma, baby!

The Bellyakers... said...

Ok... way to go Ava! That is hysterical!! Did you eat the cake anyhow or did you let Ava finish it off?

Kari said...

That face!!! Looks like pure joy to me :) Who wouldn't be happy having an entire cake to themselves?!

Korryn said...

Hansen Family! Don't ask me how I found you, but somehow we did. Looking at your blog makes us miss Atlanta. You are such an amazing family.......Scott finishes his PhD this fall, hopefully we'll be heading back there! Check us out at korrynbernhardt.blogspot.com
Our prayers are there for Kate!
love, the Bernhardts

Allison said...

What a super cute girl. I just love the expression on her face too! Priceless.

gregandellyn said...

Bryn did the exact same thing with the chocolate cake I made for Enrichment last week. Luckily it was only the corner so I cut that piece out as my piece when I got there.

Unknown said...

that's one for the hansen history book! how do they always manage to be so cute that you can't seem to get nearly as frustrated as the situation deserves???