Monday, April 21, 2008

Whoo-Hoo!!!

Next to the day you give birth and maybe the day your child graduates from high school, I think that there are few other days that give you as much joy as the day your child is potty trained!
Ava decided in the last 3 days that she wanted to wear Dora underwear and has been doing great ever since. She is basically accident free and even gives me advance notice that she has to go. Those of you without children can laugh all you want, but I feel like it is a little miracle to see my toddler embrace this new found life skill. It feels like a miracle because I had absolutely NO control over her desire or time frame for this process. I am just jumping for joy that she has decided to and that I don't have to change any more stinky diapers though!

Now, what should I spend that extra $50 a month on....

10 comments:

angela said...

yeah Ava!

. said...

WHOO HOO!!! Millissa

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Ava...way to go...clap, clap! Sing it for me, Carolyn!

. said...

Killa!

the andersons said...

Yeah Ava! Great job! Now you get to drive your mom crazy when she's in Target far away from the bathrooms and you say, "I have to go potty!" (Is it bad to sometimes appreciate diapers? :)) We are proud of you.

Kasey said...

I think you'll be lucky if that extra $50/month covers your increased gas cost. Wah, wah, wah. Have you ever seen Debbie Downer?

Now, on a positive note, Ava rocks! Yeah for no more stinky diapers! You certainly deserve this little miracle!

BIGSKYBLAST said...

YEAH, AVA! YEAH, Carolyn. YEAH, JASON! YEAH EVERYONE!!!! No more diapers is a HUGE MILESTONE....

Steve Anderson said...

:-D

Kari said...

Being one who has been through it 3 times now I KNOW what a huge thing it is for both the kiddo AND the mommy!! Hooray for Ava - what a big girl!!! And hooray for you to have "graduated" from stinky diaperhood :)

Anonymous said...

love to take you to go potty, lock the door and pull down your panties so you can pee, lick your p=ssy clean then as a reward for being a good girl we have some nakey fun