Friday, April 04, 2008

Mo Willems

I don't know about your kids, but mine LOVE Mo Willems. I have a hard time reading these books aloud because I can hardly keep from laughing outloud. There is something so basically hilarious about his writing and illustrations that I can't help it.

My friend Angela called yesterday and told me that Mo himself, was going to be at a local bookstore signing books and promoting his new book, The Pigeon Wants a Puppy. (This book is as great as his previous ones).

So Angela grabbed Jackson and Kate and took them with her boys to meet Mo. They had a lot of fun and were way excited to meet "a real live author". Thanks Angela!

6 comments:

the andersons said...

Abby loves these books too! Looking forward to seeing the newest one when we get back.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe Mo Willems was in town??!!! I don't know if you've seen my comments about him in Good Reads but I love his books and so do my kids! I am sooo bummed I missed him but happy for you!
Wendy

Tami Vincent said...

Hi guys,
We love those books. We really love "Dont let the pigeon drive the bus" I think that we would love to meet that auther. That looks like so much fun.

BIGSKYBLAST said...

How cool! Thank's Angela. The kids must have had a great time!

Kari said...

Sounds like a great time!!! Looks like a trip to Barnes & Noble is in order to pick up some new books :)

Anonymous said...

You are such a good mother, Carolyn! I think about you often and love you so much!

Hang in there, girl!

Hugs!