Wednesday, April 02, 2008

The Family Room

Slowly but surely is my motto, as far as decorating goes. I am working on it a little here and a little there because if I try to tackle it all at once I get stressed out. We are getting there though and this is the latest update- our family room mantle.

I love the painting that a friend, Cathy, helped me find and so I kind of worked around that. I recently purchased the doors for the walls from Pottery Barn (we had planned built-ins there originally but ran out of $ building) and found the vases and Pussy Willows at Pier 1. (I especially like the Pussy Willows.) Our kitchen, on the other side of the room, has very dark cherry cabinets so I think that the doors and picture frame help to balance out the room. Now I want to get our flatscreen hung up on the wall and work on that wall!

12 comments:

Kari said...

It looks gorgeous!!! Can't wait to see it all in person :)

Kasey said...

Since I'm totally in "moving and nesting" mode right now, I love to see what others are doing in their homes, as well. I think it looks great! Can't wait to see it all together in person.

Anne said...

beautiful--i am very impressed!

. said...

I LOVE IT!-Millissa-

Anonymous said...

Love it! Can't wait to see it in person. You have great taste!
Wendy

SHANNA said...

oooh- that looks so warm and cozy. good job, it is beautiful!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, your Pottery Barn doors look great. Perfect choice.

Stressed out over decorating? I don't get that!

the andersons said...

ok, I'm your brother, so I can take the risk of offering my two dirty, art-hack, cents. LOVE the barn doors, pic and fireplace...but hate your pussywillows (that is the stranger phrase--really!). seriously, though, it makes everything too tall and unnecessarily symmetrical (live on the wild side--"I wanna be an aireborne ranger," you know!). i might go with some interesting, squatty lavender or reddish piece (some conversation piece sculpture with a hole in it or something) placed off-center on the mantle. now that i'm done "hating," i can't wait to visit when we get back from taipei--woohoo. Love you, sis'! i'm jealous of your home! (when will i grow up, get a job, and get my own?)

Life in the Oliver Lane! said...

so cute! next time you go shopping give me a ring, I want to come along too!

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT!!

BIGSKYBLAST said...

Looking good, girl, looking good! You'll know how you REALLY like things after you've lived with it for six months and moved them dozens of times!

The TV on the wall will be the day!

Craig said...

Hey..... you were supposed to hire Anne to do this so we could fly out there and hang out.