Friday, June 22, 2007

My Mom ROCKS!!!

Anyone who knows my Mom, knows that she is AMAZING! She seems to have a sixth sense about what needs to get done and she does it. What a lifesaver she was last week. She arrived last Wednesday night so that she could help out with the kids on Kate's chemo day. Then on Friday I began my stretch of 6 shifts. Each day she "played" with the kids at the pool, (actually it's a lot of work but she called it playing) cooked us dinner, ran errands, shuttled children to activities and helped me get a few things organized. Of course I cried when she left yesterday because who will take care of me now?! (ha-ha)
So...we moved into a new house in March. Kate became ill in April and school let out in May. In between all of these life changes I feel like my world is in complete disarray. OK, maybe not my world, but certainly my house. There are no pictures on the walls, nothing has been decorated, the office and guest room are still in boxes and until this weekend, you couldn't even step into the playroom. I felt paralyzed by all that needed to be done, but she stepped in and helped me knock out the playroom and now it looks like a Montessori classroom. :)

Kitchen area

Wall o' baskets

Oh my goodness, I can see the floor!

You'll notice a lot of open floor space and that was purposeful. We have 2 large storage areas in the playroom that house tumbling mats, tee-pees, tents and other large items. They can be brought out and used in the open space and then put away so that the room can be used for other activities.

View from back stairs

I still have to decorate the walls in the playroom but I have some ideas for that.
Here is a shout-out to my Mom who knows me better than anyone in the world and who kept me motivated enough to actually finish a project. I love you! (And when are you coming back to help me with the office? Seriously...) :)

6 comments:

Kasey said...

Carolyn, it looks awesome! And it feels so good to complete a big project that's been waiting in the wings. I'm sure the kids are thrilled. :)

Kasey

BIGSKYBLAST said...

Seriously ... NEVER!!!! The office? You have to be KIDDING??!?!?!?!?!?

As far as keeping you motivated...nah...it was the large size 8 that kept you moving!

By the way, it looks just GREAT! It makes me smile just looking at the photos.

Love ya,
Mama

Tanya said...

Can you send your mom to my house!

the andersons said...

Hey mom... when's your next available appointment?
:) Jenny

Unknown said...

Looks FABULOUS!! Can't wait to come and take advantage of it :)!

Love ya!
Jen

Anonymous said...

Your mom does rock!