Monday, February 04, 2008

Running for Kate - ALASKA STYLE


Yes, I know that I may be slightly insane but I have signed on to do another marathon with The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society's Team in Training! This race is in Ankorage, Alaska on June 21st, the day of the summer solstice. I am already looking forward to running in such a beautiful part of the country (the training, not so much but there's no avoiding that!). Kate has also been asked to be the team's honored team hero and is very excited for her role on our team.
For this race I have a bit of a different role in TNT and have been designated a mentor for other participants. This basically means that I have more responsibility AND will be once again raising money for the society. Those of you that weren't able to donate last time have another chance now and those of you that did already, well.......it's a new tax year! :)

9 comments:

BIGSKYBLAST said...

Alaska...wonder what the average temp is that time of year!!!!

Team Hero Again...go Kate!

Kari said...

WOW!! Those who you mentor will be so lucky to have you cheering them on ;) I've heard such wonderful things about the beauty of Alaska - I'm sure you'll enjoy every minute of it (except most of the training)!!

SHANNA said...

i'm jealous! i have family in alaska and i have never been. how exciting and what a fun experience!!!

Tanya said...

Wow, if I didn't already have tickets to Hawaii, I'd come and run with you. That will be awesome!

angela said...

we are going to have so much fun, mentor

emily said...

ANOTHER one?! I am so impressed, Carolyn! Can you PLEASE send a little bit of your motivation and drive my way please?

Anonymous said...

You are amazing and the participants you mentor will be so lucky! Way to go! Hugs to Kate for being the Team Hero!

Anonymous said...

Speechless.

Craig said...

Crazy? yup, but who isn't a little bit crazy. Go for it! By the way, since you are heading up there you might as well get some tips from Anne and I. We lived in Anchorage for a summer and worked as tour guides! First tip, bring or buy tin foil to cover the windows because it never gets totally dark in the summer and the window blinds just don't cut it.....