Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Is Someone Trying to Tell Me Something?

Apparently the powers that be feel like I might not be busy enough already. I am guessing this because I was just called to be our ward's Primary President. First let me say that I LOVE Primary! It is my favorite place to be on Sunday and I really enjoy seeing what Jackson and Kate are learning (a bonus is that they love me to be there too). Second, I thrive as a counselor and have always been grateful to be in those callings. I am thrilled to have someone give me assignments and I am all over it. That being said, I am definitely filled with fears of inadequacy as I think about how to fill my new role. I am counting on the Lord to help me rise to the ocassion because this can't be done by myself (or at least not very well) :).

10 comments:

Mrs. B said...

i can't believe you won that playhouse--very cool!! And I think you're going to be a great Primary President.

Anne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anne said...

The Brockett Ward Primary is blessed...you will be a terrific leader! You've got my support, I'm just a phone call away!

Hugs to you!

Kari said...

You will be fantastic!! I know your feelings ... I felt the same way when I was called as Primary President when we lived in Memphis and we had a very small primary. Now I have the same feelings having just been called into the stake YW presidency (secretary). I do know that the Lord has a great work for you to do and have absolutely no doubts that you will be strengthened and blessed in your efforts. I also know your entire family will be blessed for the sacrifices you will have to make. {{{HUGS}}} to you in your new adventure ... you'll be fabulous :)

angela said...

you will be an amazing Primary president! This role was meant for you and the children will blossom under your guidance. love you.

Unknown said...

you'll do fabulous! you've got to be one of the bravest and most organized people i know! just wish we were going to be able to take advantage ;)!

Love ya,
Jen

Anonymous said...

One word... treats. I'm sending you my magic apron-- pockets a plenty. A bribe can go a long way baby!! Wish my kids were under your domain!!

Love you...

BIGSKYBLAST said...

Give said the little stream...Some people were blessed to be givers...it isn't just a matter of being "busy". You're "about your Father's business" constantly, Carrie. Our Stake President -- in the middle of Stake Conference -- worn a VERY LARGE SIGN that said "STUDENT SAINT" and he spoke about how we're all LEARNING...leaders, counselors, teachers, students. Keep that in mind. The challenges are great but the rewards are eternal.

(I just climbed off my soapbox) I love you. You'll be dynamite!

Kasey said...

I know you'll be an awesome Primary pres! Those are some very lucky kids.

Tanya said...

You are just perfect for that. Good luck, you'll do fantastic! Call Gwen if you need to chat about it.